1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Feedback Thead for Satudays tournament sponsored by Speedy Claxton *EDITED*

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by archite666, Jan 7, 2009.

1. archite666

archite666 Guest

Ok so I'd like some feedback about the rules of the tournament were going to hold this saturday.

Keep in mind, the essence is supposed to be oldschool, so gear is MENT to be limited and templates should be restricted as well. You wont be using your -20 mage warfolk with crystaline ring in this one guys, so just keep that in mind when you provide feedback.

Here is a rough draft that me and Speedy got.

Date: January 10th, 2009.
    Time: Saturday!, January 9th, 2009. 8PM CST(Central standard)
    Place: Work in progress, will have that info REALLY soon

Rules:
    No poison skill
    No disarm
    No pets
    No summons
    No forms
    No stealing
    No hiding
    No consumable/ usable pvp gear other than listed
    No forms
    No precasted spells (IE protection)
    No enhanced bandages
    Mages will be confined to 2/4 casting
    No spellbooks with mods
    Dexxers (IE templates with weapon skill and tactics will NOT be allowed to use faster casting)
    Unlimited Regs
    Unlimited Bandies
    Unlimited arrows
    30 chosen pots per player for the ENTIRE tournament. Not 30 per fight. Use them wisely.
    5 Apples per contestant

Only GM equipment will be used, this means weapons/armor aka armor with 50 resist and weapons with 46 Damage increase.

Different suits and weapons will be fine, simply have everything in a bag for when you get there, supplies such as arrows and regs may remain in pack. You will be snooped, so no cheating.

Weapons may be made of any material, however only "mod" allowed is damage increase and it may not exceed 46

Different weapon damage type is fine such as cold from shadow iron.

Each contestant will be given 30 potions to use between: Greater heal, Greater Cure, and Refresh. No strength, explode, agility, parasitic, etc.

And the prize?

5 million gold.

I would like to add a 50k entry fee to the tournament, with every bit of that gold going to GOSH or some other worthy, new, needy guild. If you are interested in this tournament, please place your name on the thread. This will be done in a ladder, single elimination style.

2. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

hey if its saturday i want in

3. archite666

archite666 Guest

You may sign up on the official thread which will be up tomarrow, for now give me your feedback on tournament rules. :)

4. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

Ok heres what i think break it down in to a two side bracket style

Mages on one side dexxers on the other. My idea is that only let the dexxers use pots untill final dexxer vs the final mage at that time give 5 of each heal cure and refresh to both partys and let them go at it.

Im ok with only gm made armour, but due to the lack of mana pool and the amount of hit points that are refreshed with potions mage duels would become tiresome and boreing to watch. Plus my inscribes not done yet:D

5. archite666

archite666 Guest

Hm thats a good point, no potions might be a very good idea.

6. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

I will be around on Saturday if I can get my 2d working

7. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

i like the rules lets get the show on the road that 5 mill is mine muha!

8. archite666

archite666 Guest

Added no precasted spells, that will mean I will have talismens with me to make sure no one tries that.

Also how do you guys feel about spellweaving? I know there are some very odd spells in there, should it be allowed?

9. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Read your rules, here's my opinion;

3 Brackets: 1) Mages 2) Dexers 3) Mages & Dexers

Bracket 1 - Mage Rules:
    - No Pots
    - No Petals
    - No Enchanted Apples
    - No Poison / Necromancy Skills
    - No Summons
    - No Pets
    - No Precast / Field Spells / Protection
    - No Hiding / Smoke or Egg Bombs
    - No Mage Weapons
    - SCNP Weapons Allowed for the Tank Mages
    - 2/6 Casting

Magery, Eval, Medi, Resist, Wrestle, Scribe are the ideal "Mage" skills to use, for this is the Mage Bracket. If you wish to use Anatomy or Focus for example, then do so.

Bracket 2 - Dexer Rules:
    - 5 ea. Greater Heal, Greater Cure, Greater Refresh, Greater Agility, Greater Strength [Per Match]
    - 1 Deadly Poison Pot OR 1 Lesser Poison Pot [Per Match]
    - 20 Bandages [Per Match]
    - No Petals
    - No Enchanted Apples
    - No Pets
    - No Summons
    - No Precast / Field Spells / Protection
    - 2/6 or 4/6 Casting
    - Dexers should be allowed weapons of THEIR choice & different ones if need be

IMO this is a Nox Necro Dexer / Nox Chiv Dexers' game. That's what I would be playing.

Bracket 3 - Mage & Dexer Rules:
    - 5 ea. Greater Heal, Greater Cure, Greater Refresh, Greater Agility, Greater Strength [Per Match]
    - 1 Deadly Poison Pot OR 1 Lesser Poison Pot [Per Match](Dexers)
    - 20 Bandages [Per Match](Dexers)
    - No Petals
    - No Enchanted Apples
    - No Pets
    - No Summons
    - No Precast / Field Spells
    - No Mage Weapons
    - SCNP Weapons Allowed for the Tank Mages
    - 2/6 or 4/6 Casting
    - Dexers should be allowed weapons of THEIR choice & different ones if need be

The 3rd Bracket could also be decided as a Free-For-All Bracket, anything goes except;
    - No Pets
    - No Summons
    - No Precast / Field Spells
    - Allow Mage Weapons

**All viewers and duelist not in the ring, should be a ghost and no typing/spamming on the screen.**

**The Host(s) could have a chest to hold Dexer/Mages weapons that aren't being Siege Blessed. By doing so, I suggest pouches and books to keep them separated. Yes, a slight time consuming task, but not all Dexers use just one weapon type.**

Just my $.02 * like 4?! ^^

10. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

........Of course no Stealing. :lick:

11. archite666

archite666 Guest

omg forsaken, I like your ideas but that would require me totally revamping the tournment.

I'm going to save those ideas, and use them probably for the next tournment.

12. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Cash I'll PM Kael my acct info, if more money is needed for later tournaments he can access it.

13. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Why even include dexxers...

Your rules are insane, you want to limit aids for a dexxer???

30 Pots??

I have a good one... each mage gets 75 of each reg for the entire tounament!.
    (use them wisely)

Can this be more biased, please make is a pure mage event, at least call it what is is!

14. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Quick note...

I am all for community functions and thank Speedy and all the others for the work they have put in but I just cant sit back and say nothing!

Someone needs to represent all of the Point and Click PVPERs out there!

Before we digress, I will stipulate that mages are harder to play and take alot more skill!

***Watch for my Tourney where Mages must compete naked!***

15. Black magick

Black magick Guest

it says unlimited aids... do you actually read? or just post?

16. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

That is what you took from my post??

You don't see the bias?

Wow, I am suddenly sucked into board PVP!!!!!!!!!

I think not...

BM please buy your factions items off my vendor SE luna or I must trash them... it has been a week, low prices also!

17. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

"Time: Saturday!, January 9th, 2009. 8PM CST(Central standard)", I guess you meant here 8PM CST(Central standard) on Saturday, January 10th, 2009?

No Poison Skill does not mean necessarily that the weapon will not already be poisoned previously!?

Does GMed armour 50 resist means that if you are wearing it none of your resists will be above 50; Does this include jewelry?

Keeping the backpack empty is very difficult for me... storage is HELLISHLY cramped. but I take it all equipment must be bagged so that the backpack is entirely empty except for that bag?

I will attend this event and I will fight in the contest. I will have that 50k when I show.

Where is this event being held? Where will be announced later?

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

18. Daleth

Daleth Guest

Will there be concessions and public restrooms available?