1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Provocation] Feeding plague beasts...

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Wulf2k, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

I'm assuming the code for this is still active?

I haven't done it in years, but I'm wondering if it's still worth it. Do they get any good loot, or the same useless base loot they always have, with some metal chests mixed in?

2. man I was never good at feeding them... and I never got any good loot that I can remember :(

3. Angel121

Angel121 Guest

After a recent trial I would say feeding them does work, the metal chests are still there with only a few bog things and boglings I trebled the loot compared to the other plague beast I killed for annoying feeding time. The chests had gold in as well.

I got a good bracelet and a pretty nasty axe, 40% damage increase 30ssi dragon slayer executioners axe. so it does look like a pretty good thing to try for.

4. how do you know when it's "full"?

5. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

I'd think when you stop noticing a boost in their animal lore screen.

Could be wrong though, would take some messing around. I haven't even looked at em in years.

6. Salya Sin

Salya Sin Guest

Ok... call me clueless... well... because I am... What are you talking about? Feeding Plague Beasts? How and where and why?

Thanks!

7. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

Plague beasts eat the corpses of things they kill, and get stronger. As they get stronger, their loot increases as well.

The easiest way to feed them is with provoke, but I think you can do it with the 'summon creature' spell too, if it doesn't dispel them before they die.

Or just send a bonded pet after it over and over, and keep ressing it.

8. It's pretty nifty, it gives you a plain "metal chest" which you can't get by any other method, since the paragon ones come named. I had collected some long ago when the plague beasts came out thinking they would be rare. Yet i dumped a whole bag of "green clothing".

You just never know what people are going to buy.

9. Salya Sin

Salya Sin Guest

Ohhh... something new to play with. I am working provoke too! YAY ME! I don't know how I managed to miss this particular game mechanic... but... THANKS! I'll take a bash at it...

10. Muu Bin

Muu Bin Guest

Summon Creature does work as well - I have lots of metal chests using this method. As an FYI, there are 2 colors of chests as well, a dull gray silver one and the black/ gold ones like the ones you get from fishing.

11. Parser

Parser Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

That explains the metal chests I sometimes get from the champ spawn area below bedlam. I guess the feed off their own sometimes. I thought the chests were cool as well.

12. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

If you guys don't know about feeding plague beasts, you should try paralyzing a plague beast lord and using a bladed object on it... =]

No eval required, just cast paralyze.

13. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

There is a guide here somewhere ;). I did it to get a few extra points for the last Spring Cleaning :p.

14. OHHH YEAH!!! I remember that now.. you had to cut certain parts at certain times for something... couldn't remember the reward but I wasn't successful :/

15. nukeman8

nukeman8 Guest

i use to feed plague beasts loads, great fun until i fed it to much and couldnt kill the bleeding thing :lol: