1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Felucca dbl resources

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GarthGrey, May 29, 2010.

1. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Any chance you Devs could double the amount of gold and gems in spawning chests in the Badlands? If a crafter can play RvR, why can't a Thunter?

2. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

That makes sense to me.

3. RvR? Since when does UO have Realm vs Realm?

4. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

@ connor: Risk vs Reward.

topic:
    To me the Idea makes sense. Loot tables should be bumped to where its worth while to do a Fel chest, but not to extreme to where it makes trammel chests pointless. I would also like to see maps changed back to where you could only get fel maps in fel, and trammel maps in trammel ruleset dungeons.

Also in t-chests I would like to see a chance for more treasure, maybe a 1/100 trammel, 1/50 in fel chance you get another special map similar to Ancient SOS, but more of a quest centered system based off real treasure hunting where if a white Special map spawns it would have clues to where to dig for the next clue till you find the artifact while battling fierce chest guardians in the process. Every dig would have loot but the end would have a chance at a random artifact or a couple if in a large party.

5. Since the introduction of insurance, this concept is outdated and inaccurate. Add to that the complete emptiness of most places in Fel, and the risk is almost non-existent. For example, after nearly 6 years of spending time in Fel, the only time I have ever seen anyone else there was either when I accompanied someone to Fel or when I actively went looking for people in the usual hot spots. RvR is no longer applicable to UO as the risk is the same no matter where you are.

6. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Risk?

I've been mining EXCLUSIVELY in Fel for two years now and have seen ZERO such risk, so really it's all reward in Fel with no real risk to speak of.

Personally, I'd rather see them finish up the Factions changes and ditch the "double resources" and let Fel stand (or fall) on its own.

7. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

Dermott, i get it ok? I play on LA, there's practically no one running around Felucca. Yes I could run around all day opening chests with absolutely no risk of being killed, but I can also do that in Trammel and make exactly the same UO income. Now, let's let your lumberjack/miner collect in Felucca for 2 hrs vs another lj/m in trammel for 2 hours. Explain to me the fairness there when we compare our 2 hr haul. If you seriously don't understand the point of my post, then....

8. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

If you re-standardize the drops across ALL facets, then it's no longer an issue. But at the same time, you DO need to give people a better PvP system to work with in exchange.

Look, I'm abusing the double resources for mining for all it's worth and I'm STILL calling for it to be abolished because it really makes no sense.

A tree is no different in Fel than it is in Tram
    A mountain is no different in Fel than it is in Tram
    A Mob of any type is no different in Fel than the same Mob in Tram
    A chest in no different in Fel than it is in Tram

Therefore the drops should be no different in Fel than they are in Tram.

Basically, I agree with the need for a change, I just think it should be done in the other direction.

9. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Lol yeah fel has minimal risk, even on GL the Red population is nearly non-existant. I havnt seen a red in my way while ive been mining in over 4 yrs. The chance of them seeing you while Thunting is even less.

But they said some love is in the process for us thunters and such so we will see what the future holds.

10. The point of your post was to ask for even more reward in Fel. That's not that hard to understand. Our (yes, "our") point is that there is no risk left in Fel to justify adding yet more stuff to it based on risk alone, so there is no reason to do it. If anything, the "extras" you get from Fel should be removed, since the reasoning for them being there in the first place is no longer applicable.

11. Metalstorm

Metalstorm Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aye, insurance has made Fel pretty low risk even when there are murderers nearby,
    All you stand to lose are the resources you gathered.

I'd like to see insurance changed to life insurance.

In other words make insured items stealable (with maybe a small boost to stealing difficulty).

This would at least put a little bit of real risk back into the once Badlands.

And tree foilage! I remember always being a little nervous on my cross Continent treks, wondering what might be lurking in the trees waiting to ambush me.

Now with no foilage to conceal players there's not much to get paranoid about.

12. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

So I'm asking for
    reward, please point me to my first request for more, since I"m now asking for as you put it
    . I think it's great that YOUR sampire or whammy or whatever your gold earning template is, can make probably 10k per minute, and of course you're fine what that the way it is, please Devs don't change Connors gameplay, yet you're going to get this vocal because my puny broke a$$ treasure hunter would like to make a little more than 287 gold, 2 rubys, 1 wand of lightning, and a piece of armor with 16 total resists. Shame on me.