1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Felucca Desolation

Discussion in 'UHall' started by sablestorm, May 20, 2014.

1. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

How do you turn Felucca desolation off in the classic client. I've switched it in uo.cfg, but it hasn't worked. Every time I login, the client goes and changes desolation back to on in the cfg file. Is there a setting in the options menu in-game that I'm missing? I would love to play in Fel more, but I hate the desolation and I hate the glitch where when you return to Tram, it turns desolate too.

2. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I had a similar problem with another cfg setting. I ended up going through the folders for every character I had, ensuring all the .cfg files were set the same, then changed the main uo.cfg file and loaded the client. Otherwise the setting would revert if I logged in a character with the old setting.

Wenchy

3. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I was afraid of that. :(

4. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

That's what I did. I also increased the cache size but to what I can't recall now(the thought of the day was UO was optimized to run a small cache but modern systems could handle more).

You can copy/paste this for every folder and you only have to change the char id name to speed up the process.

#4 Picus at the office, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
  5. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't tried the desolation setting in a long time, but when I want to make a global uo.cfg change, I delete all uo.cfg files in the individual characters' folders, then I modify uo.cfg in the UO installation folder. The next time a character is logged in, it should pull that central uo.cfg for its own. All of my characters have the same settings anyway.