1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fencer Captain's DMG while using Lajatang...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by sibble, Oct 29, 2013.

1. sibble

sibble Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 151

Is ridiculously OP... Makes no sense for this fencer to hit me harder than any of the other captains (macer, swordsman) with this weapon. I think it may need to be looked at.

#1 sibble, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  2. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't noticed a fencer using that yet. How hard? What killed me (metaphorically and in the game) was a fencers' 40+ normal hits and 50+ armor ignores.

3. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Heh I feel like the only Captain I can even consider going toe to toe with is the Mystic. I have to use remove curse a lot and run off to get back into vamp form, but at least I can live through 2 of its hits, unlike EVERY other captain, as well as bone demons and hydras.

4. Riply

Riply Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Does curse remove your vamp? I wonder if magic resist helps to prevent curse? I have not been taken out from vamp form yet but have 120 magic resist so that might be the reason.

5. Riply

Riply Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Do you have hit lower attack on your weapon?

6. sibble

sibble Lore Master

I can tank almost every captain, necromancer and assassin are anti-sampire with their damage reflection. Having tanked all the captains, I made this post in regards to how hard the fencers can hit when they switch weapons to the lajatang.

Eaerendil likes this.
  7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

When they hit you were you EoO to something else?

8. Riply

Riply Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Gotcha point noted :grouphug: What are tanking as far as skills etc just curious? I'm finding it hard to tank a number of them and stay alive.

#8 Riply, Oct 29, 2013
  9. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

bandages with anatomy, 75life leech on blade staff, confidence. if i Really wanted to make a tanking suit, it would also have 20-30 swords skill to account for curses.

10. sibble

sibble Lore Master

No, will post numbers shortly.

11. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

No, but mystics cast Purge Magic, which removes vamp. Remove curse gets rid of Sleep, Spell Plauge etc. I have't tried a necro yet, but any regular monsters with necro require a generous application of remove curse. It's nice to have 120 chiv in those cases. :)

12. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Fencers hit me for 75-85 when they're using the Lajatang (16-19 base dmg), with my refined 75/75/70/75/75 suit.

Normally fencers do around 35-50 with the Tekagi and/or Sai to me.

Swordsman normally does around 50-65 +5-7 (searing weapon?), with a paladin sword (20-24 base dmg).

Pretty sure the fencers use Ki Attack though, so that may explain why they hit so hard compared to the macer & swordsman captains.

G.v.P likes this.
  13. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think that's right. I know that swordsman para/searing is real annoying, though. Kills you in a few hits no matter what your DCI/wep skill/HLD is doing. I wonder what the skills are on these guys, like, 150 swords, etc?

14. sibble

sibble Lore Master

My two videos are being processed by YouTube at the moment, comparing a Swordsman to a Fencer from a tank's POV. While tanking the fencer, you'll notice I keep Feint up most of the time. I did use Defense Mastery (bringing my physical resistance up to 88) while taking a hit from the Fencer's Lajatang, just to show the damage reduction. Of course, Feint would be the better choice for a defensive special ability. You'll also notice I had a more difficult time tanking the Swordsman, that's only because he parries, a lot. I'm not trying to compare the overall differences between 2 captains, I'm just trying to compare weapon damage and try to figure out why the fencer is hitting so hard. The Ki Attack should not be question, as I'm standing 1 tile away from the Fencer the entire fight - unless they can do extra damage with Ki without moving.

I will post another update as soon as these videos complete processing.

#14 sibble, Oct 29, 2013
  15. sibble

sibble Lore Master

Ok here we go... make sure YouTube switches to 1080p so you can see the damage I take. This is with 75 physical resistance.

Tanking Fencer Captain:

Short video of myself tanking a fencer captain. Recorded this video to show how hard he hits - by far the hardest hitting captain in the invasion. When he switches to a Lajatang, he hit me several times for 55 damage. I personally experienced taking 64 damage once, but it was not recorded.

Tanking Swordsman Captain:

Short video of myself tanking a swordsman captain. The hardest hit he does to me in this video is 24 damage with the Paladin sword. It seems that he can use Frenzied Whirlwind with any weapon he's using, despite the fact that all 3 of the weapons he switches to don't even have that ability. This captain as well as the macer parry about 75% of the time, making it very hard to leech back any life/mana/stamina.

#15 sibble, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  16. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

how you even see anything with that client is beyond me

Mandrake of DF likes this.
  17. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Younger than Kelmo, but also in the way...
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

Excellent work! Thanks for showing. Can you show us the setup of your char? Would be extremely interesting to learn from it, as I usually only play Archers, Mystics and Tamers...

18. Chrille

Chrille Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Glorious Lord

I got hit with an 80 yesterday from a Lajatang fencer, I usually can take 2 hits but now I died quickly. I usually tank with my dragon and there the macer is worst, double hit at an total of 350 damage isnt that unusual. But the Lajatang fencer didnt do much harm maybe slightly more then other fencers but not so my dragon was near any danger.

19. sibble

sibble Lore Master

There's only one place to look during combat - the center of the screen.

20. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Quite easily..... I love it would never go back to not being able to zoom... to see my damage totals, to having my bars pulled for me..... Nope.

21. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

You can see ALOT more than the tiny 800x600 window in the classic client.

22. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Was that a ultima online video? I thought it was some sort of screen blur test

23. sibble

sibble Lore Master

Maybe you didn't let YouTube switch to 1080p... I don't like the way YouTube auto adjusts resolutions anymore, watch it until it's crystal clear, and if it still isn't clear enough, then maybe you should clean your monitor.

#23 sibble, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    CovenantX likes this.
  24. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I did let it switch and I was joking about how bad the EC looks

The Zog historian likes this.