1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fencing] Fencing template for pvp and pvm

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Zyron, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Zyron

Zyron Guest

so heres the temp

120 fencing
    120 tactics
    110 anatomy
    100 bushido
    120 parry/resists
    90 healing
    60 chiv

So basically what Im asking is... Is this a good template?

Will it get the job done in PvP and PvM?

In pvm it wont do as good but w/e...

What should i change?

and
    Parry or Resists.

And i know this is asked alot but Elf or Human...
    im going to be ai spamming on pvp so elf for the mana?
    or human for the weight and regen...

2. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

If you are only considering the "elf or human" question based on spamming ai...then Human, 20 extra mana points at the begining of the fight is not the same as a constant extra 1 mana every 10 seconds through out long fights. Human is always a must for pvp, for other reasons as well.

As for your template, you are going to have to go with what you feel comfortable with...

With out parry you lose a bit of the bushido benefits, but with out resist...well yea, you have no resist.

The 10 anatomy could prolly be better placed else where, dunno where (prolly Bushido if you keep that on your template)

Exchanging bushido for parry or resist (which ever one you want to be lower) is an option as well, but you lose a form of healing, confidence, and Evasion. But many players do fine with out Bushido, but you also end up with not having a free hand since you will need a shield equipped to parry.

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I was actually planning to post a similar thread. I've played a PvP tamer/archer...but I've been thinking about trying something more challenging. Here's what I was thinking:

120 fencing
    120 parry
    120 bushido
    100 tactics
    100 anatomy (or resist?)
    90 healing
    65 chiv

Was thinking of using a nice fork with 40 hl/hla and mace and shield, as well as 50 ep ring for cures/heals. Never played a PvP fencer before - I invite critiques.

4. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Thats pretty much the standard PvP build. Other changes would be to drop chiv and take everything else closer to 120.

Another change would be to try to fit a little skill increase and drop chiv for 80 poisoning, or even drop 65 chiv for 65 med.

5. Zyron

Zyron Guest

I was gonna do poisoning but too many people chug nowadays....

Maybe i could adjust some skills drop bushido and get archery or resists.....

6. I would drop tactics and anat to 115/105..if not 100/100.

Your damage will still be good and the 120 bushido will probably help you more.

The template would definitely get the job done in pvm/pvp as it is fairly balanced. If you keep the chiv than in PVM mana leech is going to be pretty important on your weapons. In Pvp you'd want to use the chiv sparingly.

7. Taylor

Thanks for the advice, Lynk.

8. Zyron

Zyron Guest

what is the difference between 100 bush and 120 bush??

i dont think im gonna use parry....

well ill be doing more pvp than pvm if that makes a difference.. so do i really need chivalry?

concentrate wep and divine fury might be beneficial since i dont have to rely on refresh pots..

and does divine lower your dci by 10 or 20

9. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

120 Bushido = higher parry chance (if you have parry), more critical hits with lightning strike, less consecutive hits needed for max perfection (PvM), so without parry, I wouldn't really use Bushido in PvP.

I would definitely use chivalry for PvP. With FC/FCR at least, but I don't know if you want to go that route.

I wouldn't use Consecrate Weapon much in PvP. If a PvPer is any decent, they'll have a suit with all resists around the same (65+), except for poison and fire, which will be much higher. You should definitely not rely only on Divine Fury. You're gonna be hurting if you get hit with HLD and have Divine Fury going.

Divine Fury lowers DCI by 20.

10. Zyron

Zyron Guest

Ok guys....

so..
    Can you guys list me some templates for a pvp/light pvm fencer??

Without poisoning

11. Taylor

Aside from the one I posted, Lynk mentioned a second pvp fencer template w/o poison.

I've also seen ones that, instead of parry/bush, have parry/spellweaving/meditation. You'd need 4/6 for weaving and chiv heals.

12. Taylor

Talked to a couple more pvp fencers on Atlantic tonight. They run these templates:

120 resist
    120 fencing
    110 tactics
    100 heal
    90 anat
    100 poison
    60 chiv

120 fencing
    120 anat
    120 tactics
    100 resist
    98 parry (they were using 1-hander, no shield...not sure what this was for)
    68 chiv

13. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Uh... did you forget a skill on #2? That's not even close to the skill cap, lol.

#1 looks good though.

14. Taylor

Ooh, I may have. I'll try to reconnect with him. Maybe it's a little bush. That'd make sense (in light of the whole no shield, but parry business).

15. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

That was what I thought after I realized it was short at least 100 points.

16. Zyron

Zyron Guest

i think u left out healing... not bush

anyway
    i was thinking about dropping chivalry to get parry and resists...

is chiv really necessary??

i plan to chug pots

17. Zyron

Zyron Guest

the temp i was gonna do is

120 fencing
    120 resists
    100 bushido
    100 tactics
    90 anatomy
    100 parry
    90 heal

thats how it would have to be if i dropped chiv and got parry

18. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

With FC/FCR you can drop Healing to use Chivalry exclusively. But without FC/FCR, it's not worth using, to me at least.

19. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Keep in mind it would have to be 4/6 FC/FCR to make it really viable...and that can be difficult, or really easy to get. All depends on other items you have.

20. Are you one Siege, or otherwise just plan to walk? Use recall scrolls in rune books?

21. Zyron

Zyron Guest

well.... mis it worth having 60 chiv for divine and consecrate.... and "sacred journy"

22. picco

picco Guest

120 fencing
    80 poisoning
    100 tactics
    90 healing
    100 anatomy
    95 chiv
    40 medit
    100 parrying
    elf 130/120/36 int
    or
    120 fencing
    80 poisoning
    110 tactics
    90 healing
    110 anatomy
    95 chiv
    120 parrying
    (20 medit)
    (20 focus)
    human ??/??/?? (total 286+7mi)
    Could someone criticise them? Which is better? Set:
    4fc, 5fcr
    60dci, 56hci
    38lmc, 7 mr
    25hpi, 7mi
    73/83/70/68/72

23. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Like I said earlier, wouldn't use Divine Fury or Consecrate.

24. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Human is always better....Why 95 chiv? higher chance of holy light? and you lose "1 mr" compared to the "elf" set up, so the "human" set up is better. Would be perfect if you could get the 6 FCR. And you may want to bring tactics back down to 100 and raise anat to 120. More healing and maybe 1 point less damage? Probably wont notice the damage difference. 120 parry for sure.

Did I forget anything anyone? (aside from stats)

25. picco

picco Guest

Big thanks Cloak&Dagger!
    95 chiv - why not? I would using it for occasional holy light and curing high level poisons. Would be better to lower to 75 chiv and put the 20 points to tactics?
    stats - 130/100/55 ?? 6sec for band 5 sec with g. agilility.

ps. First i wanted to give 65 chiv and 70 medit.

26. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You want to PvP with this yes? You need 140 dexterity for 4 second heals. Plain and simple. When I PvP...I kill people as quick as possible. Trust me, 5 and 6 seconds seems like all day when you are getting barraged and chased down.

No reason to fit in high chivalry unless you are leaning towards those more advanced type of templates. Those have some drastically different statistical setups then those that use bandages.

Reason being is if you use bandages, you need dexterity + healing + anatomy. If you don't use bandages, well...you can almost scrap all 3 of the above. Chivalry can be either 55 or so for PvP and up to 105. No reason to go lower or higher. Meditation use depends on your template.

Occasional holy light? Either you add something in like a fold to make it a part of your template...or you don't.

27. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Pretty much what Diomedes Said. Except I am fairly sure that at 150 dex you get a 3 second heal, Not the easiest thing to accomplish mind you, but still worth the try.

28. At 150 Dex, the max heal speed is 4 seconds.

29. Diomedes Artega

Stratics Veteran

I know where your point of view is coming from I believe...but yes, it is as Connor stated. I have over 150 dex on some characters, but it only looks like it takes 3 seconds in UO Assist. It is still in fact 4 seconds.

30. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Ahh, well I was not 100% sure as I hardly ever have 150 stamina and never really tested it. I just know how the calculation for the speed goes and never read anything about a cap so I just figured 150=max so max calculation is 3 seconds. But I will not say it again, since it is wrong. :)

31. I'd like to know how you managed to go above the cap. My archer and meleer would both love to use the extra Dex they've got.... :thumbsup:

32. picco

picco Guest

What's the best from these builds? If all are crap pleas enhance them.
    120 fencing
    80 poisoning
    120 tactics
    100 healing
    120 anatomy
    65 chiv
    120 parrying
    110/120(140)/55
    human
    120 fencing
    80 poisoning
    110 tactics
    90 healing
    100 anatomy
    105 chiv
    120 parrying
    130/100/55
    human
    120 fencing
    80 poisoning
    100 tactics
    90 healing
    100 anatomy
    65 chiv
    100 parrying
    70 medit
    130/120/55
    elf

33. I'd probably go number three..but may drop ten or twenty points from med and maybe ten points from anatomy or tactics, just so that you can take your parry to 120. I really don't think it will do you so much good at GM.

105 chiv seems like a lot without med to support it. Holy lighting will sap your mana fast.

34. picco

picco Guest

What's with this?
    120 fencing
    120 ninja
    90 tactics
    100 healing
    110 anatomy
    65 chiv
    120 rs
    fukiya replaces the poisoning

35. I've used ninja before for the same reason..but without hiding or stealth for DS all you are getting out of it is mirror image, darts/stars, and animal forms.

It is a lot of points to spend on three spells. Could work, something to keep in mind though.

36. Diomedes Artega

Stratics Veteran

LOL...hahaha I'm sorry Connor. I meant stamina in general.

37. Diomedes Artega

Stratics Veteran

That's why you run with a larger mana pool to begin with. But yes...typically have meditation thrown into the mix as well. Depends on the setup.

38. picco

picco Guest

With build #2 i don't want to spamming every time holy light, my total mr is 10mr(7 from set 3 from human) and 39lmc. I thought that build #1 would be the best. Why? - nice dmg, quick heal from bandies+obsu vulni, 120 parrying. #3 has the lowest dmg, slow healing, quick mana regeneration so can I often heal me with chiv, some specs.

39. Diomedes Artega

Stratics Veteran

You aren't trying to rely on ONE tactic...but, o.k. It seems you already had your own analysis drawn up before-hand.