1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ferret Lair

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Anal_Ferret, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Anal_Ferret

Anal_Ferret Visitor

damn.. that housing drives me crazy(( :gun:

spent 5 hours.. but cant choose proper floor tiles and walls..

and thats only the first floor((

by the way, how much time did it take u to build ur houses?

hope, in several months ill have a nic ferret lair.. :spider:

2. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It is work in process. Just make nice, and then tweak as time goes by. Else you will become crazy.

3. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There is newspaper flooring now?

4. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Depends on the size of the home. I actually find it takes me a lot longer to do a smaller size home than any large customiser home. Basically 4 floors and I pick a *theme* color for each floor of an 18 x 18 (or other max secureds) and those remain pretty constant so I do not have to change furniture items very often per floor. I do not worry about the exterior wall tiles...they will all match outside...be they lg. twr. grays or whatevers..cuz if I want to I can double wall the interior walls may be an entirely different tile set up..so long as it all matches nicely on the outside..outside ! Even when my lg. home IS a lg. twr...instead of the 16 x 14 out there..every floor will have goza mats or the carpet tiles..per floor per theme...helps with goza mats or carpet tiles, from keepin a twr. drab inside.

Larger homes go faster for me, very fast once I get a theme in mind *per season* than smaller homes go for me. I been doing my smaller one for a NW BRIT resurrection center which will be public over and over for days now... and it has driven me crazy...but it is only a 9 x 13, in front of my max secureds home..so a 9 x13 is hard to squeeze what I really wanted in there but..it is nearly done. So long as dead folks can get a res...doubt they will care bout the design in there anyhow in the smaller one. :)

Just build your place up exterior to match for now..even if it is a big box...worry bout the rest later. As ya get interior deco...a plan will come to your mind. :)

5. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Course since you are a ferret and all...ya may wish to line the bottom of ye cage with those GRAY papua floor tiles...they can kinda look like the bottom of a bird or ferret lair cage...esp the gray ones. :) Toss in some fruit and seeds and wheat and some plants water trough for your drinking trough...and ferret be a happy camper...maybe some interior rocks to hide around and scuttle over. LOL

6. Did I ever tell you how glad I was when you named your char simply 'a Ferret'? Call me old fashioned but the anal bit just creeps me out a wee smidgen.

K, people reading this; we've got about 4 new players all looking for a keep spot or better. Ferret seems happy with what he's got but he was looking for someone to build it for him (roof especially) alas since we have Skylark no more, there's no-one to help, unless Patty has time to volunteer her housebuilding services.

The other NEW looking for a keep spot are interested in Daleths keep if someone in KoC could let her know.

Thanks

7. Anal_Ferret

Anal_Ferret Visitor

omg..

it drives me mad..

im building my house for around 12 hours((

seems ut takes me several hours more..

8. Anal_Ferret

Anal_Ferret Visitor

[​IMG]

seens exterior is over..
    the only thing i dislike is the door..( :spider:

9. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

only in corners, which is where ferretts like to go

10. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

perhaps a mauseleum, or temple looking thing?

11. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

This one does not accept defeat easily, but the roof construction won. Can not get it. When I do, cannot walk under it. When can walk under it, does not look right.

12. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

with that wall, this one would have gone iron door. Just me though

13. Lych

Lych Guest

Ferret,

I don't think you will be able to tile a ceramic roof over the truncated projecture infront.

14. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

ROFL. That is sad...la