1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] Fertile dirt == less potions

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Miriandel, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Miriandel

Miriandel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Can anyone confirm that using fertile dirt means the plant will need less potions?

I'm under the impression it does, but my sample is still too small to draw conclusions.

2. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

In that the plant will usually take 1 or 2 days less to grow (over the 18 day cycle) I suppose that is true. Also people frequently use 1 or 2 Greather Strength per day as part of their rutine when raising with FD, that keeps the plant in better shape with less bugs and fungus.

3. edda

edda Guest

Thats why I cant keep gr. strength on my vendor?
    Did not know that. Ty :)

4. Yellow Beard

Stratics Veteran

I have found that for me the rate of return you get (1 or 2 days shorter growth time) is not worth the amount of time it takes to collect the fertile dirt.

5. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

Most gardeners probably agree but you can now buy FD as a resource so that helps. I only use it if I specifically want a particular plant quickly for some reason.

6. edda

edda Guest

Same here. I like to use them on black seeds.. cause I never have enough of those

7. Bryelle Vaughn

Bryelle Vaughn Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I have also found that with FD if you miss even one day it causes mass damage, because of the sped up growth process. So I too only use it in emergency or on black plants when I need them quickly.