1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Few Questions

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Camtha, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Camtha

Camtha Guest

I was wondering if 80 is all that is needed in fishing? is there any difference compared to GM?

Less white pearls?
    Less sea serpents? (arent they good actually? for SOS)
    Does it affect getting pre chest items?

And heres extra too :) ! Have anyone fished up paragon sea serpent, kraken or leviathan? (thus does anyone fish at isenhar?)

2. Remyi

Remyi Guest

You cannot fish up a message in a bottle (sos) unless you're gm fishing. If you get them from some other means, they only require 65 fishing though.
  3. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

Its make little sense to not have GM fishing. About the only thing that will not be affected is prechest loot, but it will take alot longer.

As far as I remember, you cannot dock a boat in Ish. I will give it a shot though.
  4. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nov 3, 2001
    Actually ... 80 is the minimum required for fishing up anything in deep water. So fishing up sos is possible but a pain for the high failure rate.

If I remember right ... you can fish up pearls and nets at 80 but you wont get any mibs or maps by yourself. Not to mention that you are getting a bonus on receiving a marty from a levaithan, if a gm fisher throws the net.
  5. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    The minimum skill required to fish in deep water is 65.0. A skill of 80.0 will allow you to pull up Big Fish and serpents with Special Fishing Nets. A skill of 90.0 will let you pull up serpents with Level 1 Treasure Maps. All of this information can be found here: Stratics Fishing Data. The information about the small fish is incorrect, they do not add +5 and their duration is pitiful.

Stayin Alive,

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    the current effects for the small fish are +2% to the relevant stat (in other words, 1-2 points) for about 15 seconds.