1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fezzik the Ogre Cook

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by O'Brien, Mar 20, 2012.

1. O'Brien

O'Brien Thought Police

Just wondering if anyone else has tried to solo this new beast in level 2 Wrong. When I first approached him with my stealth mage and an allured cave troll in tow, I lured Fezzik away from the other spawn, but Fezzik was doing so much damage to my troll that I couldn't keep up with the healing. And when I did manage to fire some damage spells off, the damage bounced back and Fezzik retargeted from the troll to me, which is death within a few seconds unless I invis.

I retreated and concluded the night thinking this beast is beyond my mage's capabilities and maybe it would require a group effort. However I decided to give it another go a few days later with a different strategy. After luring Fezzik to the side away from the other spawn, I started casting Nature's Fury and kept 5 of those on him. This time, things seemed to be going well and I slowly saw more and more red on his healthbar. I don't know how long it took, maybe an hour, maybe three, but that disgusting, horrific beast finally died. My greatest UO solo kill to date :D Which may not be saying much...

I know sampires are supposed to be the best at everything, so I was wondering if anyone else attempted to kill Fezzik while solo, what template they used, and how long it took.

Tamais and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Maldar

Maldar Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was hoping someone had answered you. I need the 3-tiered cake recipe and found my swordsman and my tamer couldn't do it. I didn't lure Fezzik to the side, though, and I had a ton of critters on me.

3. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Try using Ogre/Repond slayer weapon or spellbook. His weakest resist is poison at 57% energy 68% and cold at 69%. 78% Physical and 74% fire resist. You could try stacking curse and Corpse Skin to lower his Fire and Poison resist. Mages don`t have any good poison damage spells. Slayer spellbook, curse, energy vortex x2, and ebolt would be the best way for a mage to kill him.

An archery paladin with Enemy of One, Repond bow, and Conscrete weapon would be another route to go.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

5. Garrett.

Garrett. Journeyman

I used a sampire with a soul seeker (repond slayer) and a tamer to control the mobs - took about an hour to take him down.

6. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

Anyone who needs the recipe and would rather just buy it, there's a few vendors on Izumo who seem to always have a stock of them available.

7. BearCorpse

BearCorpse Visitor

You can kill him with less than a minute.
    Sword Sampire, wielding 100% poison double axe, not ridding swamp dragon, having undead slayer.
    Honor yourself, Enemy of One, Multiple ( Onslaught , DS, DS, DS, DS ).

sirion and jopromol like this.
  8. jopromol

jopromol Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

there was a rumor that he also ultra rarely dropped Moonstone Jewelry... is this rumor mill or has anyone actually gotten some from him in the past year or so? Used to be only obtainable by slaughtering hordes of gypsies. But I heard when they removed the gypsy spawn, he was given the Moonstone jewels... i forgot where I read this though.

9. StonewallGL

StonewallGL Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

As far as I know, moonstone jewelry is still supposed to spawn on him. I've never been lucky enough to get a piece of it myself, so I can't confirm it personally. However, in the article below the devs say there is a 1 in 1000 chance it will drop

Ask and Answer – Ultima Online

jopromol likes this.