1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

FFXI 2008 Lag Problems

Discussion in 'FINAL FANTASY XI General Discussion' started by Tigernaig, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Tigernaig

Tigernaig Guest

Heya all, i just purchased FFXI 2008 edition and im having this weird 2 sec lags (or screen freeze) every one min or so. My pc has 4g or ram geforce 9600 gt graphics card and OS Win XP Home. Anyone know why this happens? It happens randomly every 1-2 min and its really really annoying. Please let me know on how to fix this
  2. Tigernaig

Tigernaig Guest

Ok problem solved. Seems that FFXI and wi-fi Netgear dont go well together. Even though connection speed seems ok on the wireless network it still causes this 2 sec lags on the server. Problem solved by just switching to wired connection. Game runs perfect now.
  3. Trish

Trish Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oct 31, 2003
    Good to know. Thanks for coming back and telling us how you fixed it :)
  4. jamison

jamison Guest

I cannot get my netgear to connect to the game at all, I have to swap between my Linksys and Netgear depending on what I want to play (Guildwars hates my Linksys for some reason)