1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fibrous plant south of Yew?

Discussion in 'UO Lake Austin' started by gortman, Mar 10, 2010.

1. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I was wandering around a little south of Yew the other day and noticed a large, black, tagged object called a "fibrous plant" in a small clearing.

Has this been there a long time? Anyone know what its purpose is? I can hover my mouse over it and mouse-over text appears, but can't target it and double-clicking does nothing.

Thanks!

2. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

Yuh ... I noticed several in Tram Yew. Fibrous plant sac or something like that. I'd be curious also.

Is this a leftover from when Yew was swamplands? Or a harbinger of upcoming stuff?

3. Delbrie

Delbrie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I have no idead. Can you get anything from it from lumberjacking? Could you post a pic

4. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I saw this in Trammel too. I'll try to get a picture of it tonight and post, along w/ coordinates (unless Beer beats me to it!).

5. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

there are more than one that I've seen - sort of scattered around.

I won't be in-game until somewhere around 630-7PM Eastern, so feel free to 1-up me on this.

6. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

Fibrous plant (PICS)

These are links to Photobucket.

Plant in question - 53 N, 58 38 W in Trammel Yew

Radar pic - To get there, leave the main town by the W path until you come to a fallen log on the N side. Head due N almost to the other path shown in this snap.

Second plant is at 44 18 N, 57 5 W

7. Raider Red

Raider Red Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I believe they are leftovers from when yew was a swamp.I remebr coming across them a few years ago.ther is also an ironmaiden around somewhere around yew too.

8. Keira

Keira Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

All we need is a house owned by Dasfra by it and the circle will be complete. LOL :)

9. Tek

Tek Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Red is right they are left over from the Yew Swamp Invasion / Event