1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Fields/Players get my FPS down

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Splup, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Splup

Splup Guest

My comp specs:
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
    3 Gt Ram
    ATI Radeon X1950 GT
    Vista 64 BIT

When there's 7+ players on my screen my FPS starts going down. Put some fields there and it's Pain. I mean my FPS prolly goes to like 2-3.

I have played lots of new games with my comp no problemo, but UO Classic Client is really giving me trouble atm.

Anyone has ideas what this could be about? Could reinstalling game help? Or do I have to go as far as trying to reinstall Windows...
  2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 24, 2005
    I'd really suggest Windows 7 64bit, But only because its far better, It isn't likely to fix the 2d issue.

I have a similar issue just making the 2d client unplayable, 99% CPU usage, crashes etc. The EC client however is smooth, So If you haven't tried it, I would give it a try.
  3. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Its about UO not liking ATI graphics processors.
  4. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 15, 2008
    Happens to me too :( Harrowers are a nightmare.
  5. When I got my new computer with Win 7 on it, I had to say bye bye to the old client. I still miss it sometimes, especially when it comes to the artwork on dragons and wyrms...
  6. Splup

Splup Guest

Seems like no solution around?
  7. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

May 17, 2008
    I doubt it is the graphic card because UO is a Sprite Based Game. Meaning the graphics get rendered through the CPU not the GPU. The only exception is the Enhanced client. That is why most systems do better with the newer games.

The best thing to do is to free up some cpu cycles and some through put. If you dig around UO Tech you might be able to find my optimization guide.