1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fighting solons

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Hariss, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Hariss

Hariss Guest

Hi. I am trying to do the ambitious queen solon quest with my mage. I have killed two rival queens so far. But that acid kills a blade spirit pretty quick. I was just wondering if there is any good tips in fighting them? Thanks.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Since you can cast blade spirit, try getting some scrolls for Summon Earth Elemental. They will cast as a 6th circle spell (in terms of success chance) since they are scrolls.

IF you toggle the "query before performing possible criminal actions" off in "Options" (middle tab on right side, the "reputation system" section), you will then be able to use Greater Heal to keep the Earth Elementals alive.

3. GFY

GFY Guest

I use a spider or arachnid slayer spell book and drop a couple of explosion flame strike combos on 'em. :flame:

4. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

What other skills does your mage have? I have necro on mine and a vengeful spirit drops the queens 99% of the time without getting flagged for killing them

5. pavel.vesely

pavel.vesely Guest

Or use triplet of EX/FS with nonslayer spellbook.

6. GFY

GFY Guest

If your trying to avoid fighting the other Solens in the hive you'll need to move fast, stay mounted and cast invis when being attacked to break agro.

I have stealth and hiding on the mage I use here and I stealth a quite a bit to avoid fights with warriors or workers.

Not sure if this still works but I used to use a Cu Sidhe while I was friended to the hive. I would invis, dismount, (so my mount became visible) and the queen would attack my mount while I stayed friended to the hive. :thumbup1:

7. Shot

Shot Guest

If you are a straight mage, curse, ex, FS works pretty well. I use a bard for that quest usually and either peace or provo to unflag them from me.

8. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I usually drop 2 energy vortex's and then invis to break agro. Once the queen is busy with the EV's I pop back out and toss in E-Bolts and Flamestrikes to help.