1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Finally!! a 120 Fishing!!

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Bman, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Bman

Bman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Well after my long run of quests... 753 by my calculations a 120 Fishing power scroll has dropped...

They are out there..just a lot of work to get one...

Good Luck everyone

2. SashaSeeks

SashaSeeks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Congrats, one of these months I am hoping to finally find mine. I don't even want to think about how many quests I've done, but it has been tons to say the least, I have so many baits and books I don't even know what to do with em all, the books are taking over my storage at the house. Have gotten plenty of 105's where I bound 8 to make myself a 110 powerscroll, contributed others so my hubby could make a 110 ps, bound even more to make 110's for guild mates, and still have 105's in the bank. Sounds like a lot, but it would not even be a pinch of what would be needed to make a 120 ps.

One day.... I hope to get a 120 before I go completey bonkers with all this fishing. I can honestly say I don't see myself EVER doing another quest once I do get the scroll though. I wonder even now what the benefits could possibly be, but I'm the type where I am bound and determined to complete something once I decided to do it. I may even have to rethink that part of my OCD... LOL.

3. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

4. JimmyB

JimmyB Guest

I got a 120 on my 461st order, just one day after hitting 110 skill.

5. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

How are you guys keeping track, so precisely, of the fishing orders that you do ?

I mean, 46ONE ? 75THREE ?

Do you actually take note of them, manually, one by one, or is there some convenient utility that, as they come, keeps up with updating the log ?

6. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

pops they are fanatics

i have done maybe 30-50 quests and reached 105. I dread doing another 500-800 quests *shutters*

but alas I am gonna start on it this week i suppose.
    I think i might fish up a ton of turn-ins first as having a quest specific fish means you dont get that fish :(

Lorddog

7. Bman

Bman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Well heres how I calculate mine...

When I do a quest session.. I have an empty bag in my pack, as I get rewards I drop them in that pack. Once I quit for the day I record how many rewards I received during that session... The rest is Basic math :)

And those 75THREE quests were all after publish 69

8. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot

I use a tiny website to calculate my fishing results on europa and siege perilous. ;)

Code:
    Fishing Results - Siege Perilous
    quests accepted: 38	quests completed: 38 (100.00%)
    1 liner	2 liner	3 liner	4 liner	5 liner	6 liner
    23	12	2	0	0	1
    60.53%	31.58%	5.26%	0.00%	0.00%	2.63%

Rewards
    Autumn Dragonfish Bait	4 x	67 charges
    Fairy Salmon Bait	7 x	100 charges
    Giant Koi Bait	4 x	37 charges
    Great Barracuda Bait	1 x	10 charges
    Holy Makarel Bait	4 x	39 charges
    Lava Fishing Pole	2 x	2 poles
    Lava Lobster Trap	2 x	2 traps
    Order of the Dragonfish #1	2 x	2 books
    Order of the Dragonfish #2	2 x	2 books
    Order of the Dragonfish #4	3 x	3 books
    Powerscroll Fishing +5	1 x	1 scroll
    Stone Crab Bait	1 x	17 charges
    Yellowtail Barracuda Bait	5 x	62 charges

All i got is a +5 Scroll. The 6-liner of junk fish gave a book iirc. Somehow every quest on Siege seems to involve huge amounts of crabs/lobsters. They are a pain to get and each trap costs 500gp. To get 20 of a certain crab i need 60 traps (those that go poof).

Anyways .. congrats. What which did you have to turn in for the 120 scroll? Did you write that down by any chance? ;)