1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Finally a reason to quit

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Dr Poth, May 13, 2010.

1. Dr Poth

Dr Poth Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, I don't log in much, so I thought maybe I'm just getting forgetful...

I log in today just to restock my repairs vendor, and I notice i'm not wearing my sorcerer's suit, so I think hang on maybe another one of my char's is wearing it. Swap chars, nope. Odd thing is im wearing my robe, tailsman, sheild etc....

Swap to my 2nd account to look to check those chars, nothing. Then I notice a bunch of chests and some decor is gone.

Start to worry so check my bank, all my money and tokens gone.

Account hacked, so a reason quit finally as I won't get anything back.

And yes I'm very careful, password a mix of characters and numbers, run anti-virus and anti-spy ware near daily.

At least it'll save me £20 a month.

2. jbfortune

jbfortune Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

:(

That really sucks

3. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I agree - to leave because of some lowlife scumbag would ruin a lot of memories.

4. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot

well i can only imagine how you feel, i got scammed a few years back and i felt sick until it was sorted out.

i hope you don't mind me asking, but if you did not log in very often, a hacker keylogger i guess was not used, did you "trust" anybody with your passwords that may have been the victim of a hack or something more sinister?

I am also sure there are many of us on Europa that are willing to help you get somethings to keep you with us

please don't let them win

5. Dr Poth

Dr Poth Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

No thats the thing, I wouldn't ever give my password to anyone.

I'm guessing maybe its because it's a hotmail account that's linked to the account, maybe they got it through that some how.

I've decided to downscale, close the account that got hacked and keep my 2nd one open to hold my castle.

Annoying as it's my original account that got done and I'd been saving up vet reward picks for years and they even took a load of them.

6. Calis M^N

Calis M^N Guest

hey man that really sucks! if you need anything to keep you in the game im here!

7. Derium of ls

Derium of ls Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

they left your castle on your account?

What's with all these weird hacks going on. Seems people are taking accounts and doing rather weird things with them...

8. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

Too easy to detect new owner of castle and take action.