1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally hit GM Carto!

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by DirtglDigger, May 26, 2011.

1. DirtglDigger

DirtglDigger Guest

Well I finally hit GM carto last night! woooot! I had a stack up of Lvl 6 maps so I worked my way through a few.
    I was amazed at how easy they were! I did 3 malas and 2 Ter Mur, For me the Ter Mur were the most fun as there was some overland spawn to deal with
    and also those enragted earth elementals have over 2k gold on them!

from 4 maps i got 3 alacs, 2 forged pardons, a surge shield, phillips wooden steed and a nights kiss and ship model.

that combined with all the chest loot / essence made it a very good hourly rate in terms of gold made.

Loving my Treasure hunter. I was just wondering how you all gather maps, I bought a bag full but I want to be more self sufficient!

Any tips would be great.

Best regards,

Dirt Digger
  2. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 27, 2004
    Well, I usually get my level 5 from Blood Elementals in the Lost Lands (Blood Ele Dungeon) and level 6 maps I usually get from Miasma in the Labirinth. Some other players prefer different MoBs though, depending on their playing style and templates.
  3. DirtglDigger

DirtglDigger Guest

Sweet! i forgot Miasma!!!

Does the little nipper just drop malas maps? Also I want to gather with my t hunter so I will just use summons to kill her, or I could just use my sampire but i really wanted Dirtdigger to get the maps himself.
  4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    Levels 1 - 4 you can get by doing the hag's quest - and top up your char's sacrifice at the same time.
    Also Mib chests can have maps in, just as treasure chests can have mibs in.
    Yesterday I did a level 3 chest from a mib chest - from that I got a level 4 map, so I dug that, and found a level 5 map inside that :D
  5. DirtglDigger

DirtglDigger Guest

Awesome. I dug a level 6 up last night before bed and it had 3 mana Orbs in it! i thought that was pretty cool!