1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Finally!!!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by joblackjon, Mar 5, 2008.

1. joblackjon

joblackjon Guest

Got KR to let me log in!!!
    So is there a very basic manual somewhere?
    Like how to pick up stuff? Really basic.
    Thanks in advance

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Try making a new character on some shard ... it will give you a brief walkthrough of the basics.

(I found picking up / dropping items was hard to get used to - I think that because the KR graphics items and mounts are a little "fatter" than their 2d counterparts, it feels like you need to be closer to the target item/dropzone)

3. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Spellweave as linked and also make sure you post questions you have over in the KR forum, plenty of helpful people there (as long as you ignore the few trollish types).

Take it slow. Consider taking one aspect of the UI at a time. Treat it for what it is... a brand new version of a familiar game.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

(I found picking up / dropping items was hard to get used to - I think that because the KR graphics items and mounts are a little "fatter" than their 2d counterparts, it feels like you need to be closer to the target item/dropzone)

[/ QUOTE ]

I found zooming out just slightly helped a lot, the default zoom seems to be a bit closer than that of 2Ds standard view (at least it appears so), which can feel a little weird when coming from 2D.

6. joblackjon

joblackjon Guest

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions.
    I've wanted to work with KR since that big publish around Oct. 20th but haven't been able to login.

7. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

May i welcome you to the dark side of UO! [​IMG]