1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Beetle Graphics in Classic Client

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tina Small, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

May 12, 2008
    Grimm, I don't know if this is a new issue or not, but for the last day or so, something has seemed to be a bit "off" with fire beetle graphics in the Classic Client.

A couple of kind of random observations from observing one of my fire beetles a little more closely tonight:

• When unmounted and moving north to south or east to west, the fire beetle leaves a trail of yellow lines that take a very long to fade. (I think this has been happening for a while.)
    • When the beetle has a rider, depending on the direction it is moving, one leg and sometimes part of its snout always seems to be partially obscured by a ground or floor tile. Moving west to east, it's the beetle's front left leg. Moving east to west, it's the beetle's back right leg. Moving south to north, it's the beetle's front right leg. And moving north to south, it's the beetle's back left leg.
    • When the beetle has a rider, it has a shadow. However, when the beetle is unmounted, it has no shadow at all and neither does its rider. (I guess the same is true of other mountable pets: neither the mount or its rider cast a shadow when they're separate, However, once the pet has a rider, it gains a shadow.)
    Probably not new stuff, I probably just paid more attention today and noticed these things.
  2. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sep 28, 2004
    Yea, the fire beetle has had some issues for a while, although I don't think those were among them. The trail is a issue with the draw box being too small, the sinking into the ground could be several things.

Thanks for letting us know about it!

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD)
  3. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aug 27, 2004
    I have always thought the fire beetle was too large, it should have been the same size as the blue beetle.
  4. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Anyone who remembers the blue beetle in KR will find this rather amusing.