1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire magic reagent drops?

Discussion in 'Project Gorgon: Ask the Devs' started by Cenan, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Cenan

Cenan Visitor

Apr 12, 2013
    So, since a patch a few weeks ago Fire dust has been dropping all over the place. However it seems the other items needed (Sulphur and Saltpeter) are super super rare. I think in my entire Gorgon career I've seen 1 Saltpeter drop ever, and no Sulphur.
    I've cleared the Goblin dungeon multiple times over with no drops, the crypt all the way down to the Omegaspider and a bit beyond; Still no drops. Are they supposed to be this rare or am I looking in the wrong places?
  2. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

May 12, 2008
    I picked up a sulphur somewhere recently and was thinking I had never seen one before.
  3. Citan

Citan Project: Gorgon Developer

Oct 23, 2012
    They're intended to drop on higher-level monsters that aren't in the game yet. They do drop right now but they're in the Rare loot tables. I might add them to be more common temporarily (as Fire Dust is currently a bit too common -- to make testing a little easier), or I might just get the higher-level dungeon ready to go. Or both! But to answer your question, they are supposed to be rare from goblins in the goblin dungeon, for instance; those are 20-something mobs and the higher-level dust is for 30-something fire spells.