1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

First a DOG, then an npc NOBLEMAN come right into my house

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Norman Bates, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Norman Bates

Norman Bates Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

on Fel/Pac...just stepped on the entry teleporter and MAGIC they are in! The teleporter was [and still IS] set to friends. Tried to "banish" the dog, it said you cannot banish this person because they are friended or co-owned to the house. WTF?????? I have NEVER messed with anything security-wise, never reset teleporters, no house customization, NADA...yet a dog & npc can simply come and go as they please, prolly others too. The house is set to public, has been for years, I use the teleporter to enter and restrict access. And WHADDAYA KNOW, this all started after the latest patch....MY, MY!

Piotr and Shakkara like this.
  2. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

For this I have no answer but thanks for making me laugh. A dog and an NPC? ROFL I should put an entry teleporter in my house an' see who enters who is not friended.

3. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Just kill them Norm, M..m...m..Mother said so!

Jade of Sonoma likes this.
  4. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

So that's why I found two strange critters exploring my yard and upstairs porch when I logged in yesterday! :D

5. Schatzi

Schatzi Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Which explains the ogre and troll in my castle entryway...I was like "EXCUSE ME, I SO DID NOT INVITE
    YOU TWO INTO MY HOME" But, honestly it's ok...maybe the A.I. got pushed up a notch.

6. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

well there goes wondering around naked in the morning in the courtyard.

Schatzi, DJAd, Jade of Sonoma and 3 others like this.
  7. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

Always enjoy finding out about things that, even tho I've been with UO since inception, I didn't know about. In this case I know what a house teleporter is, even though I don't have any,.. (from UO guide)
    • House Teleportation Tile - "A house addon in the form of a set of 2 placeable house teleporter tiles which allows characters to teleport within the same house or inside another house where the 2nd teleporter has been placed". What I didn't realize is that you could place one outside (?) of the house. I also live in Fel. and the idea of recalling in (onto?) this entry teley could be a real lifesaver. Unless I've misunderstood.
    • Regarding the uninvited guests, of the other posters, do you guys also live in Fel or does this also happen on Tram?

8. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Living in Zento, this is an every day problem. :D

9. zamot

zamot Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I believe the teleporter is placed inside the foundation and set to friends. The other end is placed inside another room so only friends can get to the interior room.

10. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

Ahh..thanks, but too bad, I have one of those small marbles that leaves me completly exposed when I "land" and walk in. Had this vision of placing one, maybe a half a screen or so away come in step on it and right thru the "back door". Ha ha. Thought it sounded too good.

11. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

Mapper, have you ever been there when it's happened? Or they're already there when you get back waiting to mooch a little dinner.

12. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Omg this remeinds me of the early days....
    Waking up to find a Lich in your bed, and a ogre in the kitchen.......

Schatzi, G.v.P and Lord Obsidian like this.
  13. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Did you enjoy what the Lich did to you M'Lady?
    :gee:

Lord Obsidian likes this.
  14. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I hear Ogres make the best meat pies.

15. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

afaik OP tldr; untamed animals h4x new meta flavor of the week PvP template exploit zerg

16. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Just had a great hart spawn inside the first floor of my custom house in Fel on Lake Austin. The house is private and the great hart spawned toward the back of the house, far away from any teleporter tiles. The rest of the herd spawned outside, however, behind the house. The great hart poofed (along with the rest of the herd) after about 5 seconds, though. Very odd.

Edited to add: Below is a screen shot with a red oval to show where the great hart was located when it spawned inside on Tuesday morning. (Note: I don't have that house anymore. Tore it down Saturday when I moved everything to a keep. This was one of the screen shots I took before I tore it down so I'd remember how it was laid out in case I want to build that design again sometime.)

great hart spawn location.jpg

#16 Tina Small, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  17. Schatzi

Schatzi Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

The other day I watched a troll walk up my steps open both sets of doors in my castle, guess he was looking
    For his friends...damn good thing he didn't sit down...I probably would have freaked.
    As long as it is not a magic caster, I am good with them visiting my crafters. :)

18. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Had a call one day in the que, this fellow was upset that his house that was private kept having crouds of npcs "pop" in.... he was mildly anoyed at first till it changed to nasty critters an hour later... had to esclate it to a GM... who had to esclate it to a dev.. seems the new patch had skirted something and was fixed the next day....

19. Norman Bates

Norman Bates Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Well I'm glad it was taken care of...I didn't dare tell M-M-Mother...she would have been FURIOUS, and I never would have heard the end of it...

hen likes this.
  20. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Just had something spawn in the house again while I was busy labeling a bunch of chests--two timber wolves that were part of a pack of wolves. Once again, this was on Lake Austin. Managed to run up the stairs and get a screen shot of one of them before it was shunted outside (the other one was hidden on the inside side of a wall).

I'm not concerned that these critters are dangerous. So far they haven't been. I'm more concerned that if somehow they don't get popped outside and remain inside to wander around, someone might report me for having untamed critters in my house. They might think I'm using them for training something, when the reality is that I had absolutely no control over them spawning in the house to begin with.

timber wolf spawn in the house.jpg

cdavbar likes this.
  21. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Hind spawn in the house on Lake Austin again.

hind spawn in the house.jpg

22. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

Sure you can use a veteran house teleporter or one from the store to make your fast entrance by placing them on or just behind of the stair, ideally with a catching (blocking) item behind, so that you don't overrun the teleporter.
    You can do the same with common house teleporters directly after the stairs (in my RTB houses I had one or two side and back walled teleporter tiles directly after the stairs behind my landing point).

Dragonater likes this.
  23. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

Thanks Olahorand, sounds like it might work for me. Not having any experience with tellys, other than using others, I wouldn't have thought of that. Especially the idea of using a catching item. It's not that I have Pks and/or mobs waiting everytime I land but it's happened enough that any edge I can get will help.