1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Publish 97 is currently on TC1! They are currently focusing on the pet customization aspect of the pet revamp. Head to TC1 and send in your feedback or discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new State of Stratics is up. Check it out here!
    Dismiss Notice

(Player Event) First Annual NOOB Spring Hunt!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Tanager, Mar 6, 2017.

?

Should the 'easter eggs' be blessed runebooks, or normal sealed books?

Poll closed Monday at 1:15 PM.
  1. No! I want to loot it off of some one, or steal it from their pack!

61.1%
  2. Yes! Once it's mine, it is MINE!

38.9%
  1. Tanager

Tanager Adventurer

Come one, come all, to the first of what I hope to be many seasonal themed hunts hosted by the NOOBs of Siege Perilous!

An undisclosed number of books shall be crafted, and scattered to the winds within a certain area that shall not be named until the last possible moment. The scattering should take no longer than 15 minutes. At that point, the location will be named and four gates will be opened to the far corners. They have the remainder of the decay time to find as many books as they can and return them. The books are to be dropped in mailboxes set up for the occasion, so that each sender is clearly listed.

* Each book is labeled with a number. Inside, a prize is listed. Both number and prize must match a list that NOOB will have on file.

* The prize shown is awarded to the person who turns in the book. These shall range from brightly colored eggs, peeps, candy, spring themed deco, and a few gold prizes. They may also have the book, if they wish.

* Each book shall be dyed in the colors of spring. Books with particularly nice prizes inside shall be dyed Poppie White, so that they can be seen from afar. Players can fight over who gets to the book first! Or sneaks to it, or runs in while others are fighting - etc.

* Grand Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place to whomever turns in the most books.

* At the end of the hour's decay timer, gates will be opened to the area so that any naked players can get back to the Mailboxes. Any ghosts will be rezzed upon arrival.

The gathering is to start at the Siege Garden in New Magincia, because I am going to make that the NOOB 'place'. I hope that I can get the shard's EM or PEC to set up the mailboxes there for the duration of the event (if mailboxes can still function outside of a house). Otherwise I am looking for a volunteer house (preferably near by) to host the mailboxes for the event. *Flutters eyelashes at the owners of Vernia Market*

Now, having the event start and conclude in a Guard Zone might be a bit Trammy. However, I do feel that this allows the majority of players to have fun. The PKs can still kill off people during the hunt for the books, to prevent them from getting to them. Their ranks will be stretched, however, due to the fairly large hunting area.

I am posting a Poll, to ask if the books used should be plain, unblessed books that one could use a single Siege Bless on, and run back to the mailbox individually, or risk losing them if they collect more than one at a time. They could also be stolen. If this option wins the poll, NOOB will keep gates up and offer continuous rezzes in NM.

OR I could use runebooks, so that every prize, once picked up, is 100% guaranteed.

This poll will run for 2 weeks.

In either case, guild or parties can band together so that ONE of their member turns in books, for a chance at the top prizes for their group. If one is clever, there are several strategies to that would allow a team to get many books safely to the mailbox. Or people can work as individuals.

I think I have worked out most of the details, but this event is subject to change. Suggestions are welcome!

VinnySP, TheDrAJ, Spiffykeen and 3 others like this.
  2. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

I was disappointed to find that I misread the title and we will not be hunting NOOB members a la The Most Dangerous Game. That would be a great graduation event ;)

Entheeya, TheDrAJ, PaulCH and 2 others like this.
  3. Tanager

Tanager Adventurer

Such an event could be arranged :p

Sargatanza likes this.
  4. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I believe the blessing or not depend of how many bloody books you will have back. I would say, let the current NOOB members make the choice, bloody fights or not :)

Sargatanza likes this.
  5. Tanager

Tanager Adventurer

Well the event is for the entire shard. I honestly do feel there is merit to both ways, and have no true opinion. I will be happy whatever way the poll turns out. Either way, there will be plenty of blood. Even so, however, players will be able to get books to the mailboxes. The real challenge will be in getting TO the books. But they will be scattered, so...

If this all goes well, I want to do something similar for each season.

Sargatanza, chargar42 and FrejaSP like this.
  6. Ellie

Ellie Seasoned Veteran
    Gilfane

Sounds like its going to be fun.

Sargatanza likes this.
  7. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran VCS

This thief votes for the first option.

Drakelord and Sargatanza like this.
  8. PaulCH

PaulCH Journeyman

Is the answer to the poll for it to be a mix of both with 3 points for the regular book and 1 point for the blessed runebook (or something like that)? Although, if the book stayed with the person after getting PKed, would they get res killed to keep them from turning in the book(s) that they have? At least if they're regular books, the PK would loot the books and move on.

Sargatanza likes this.
  9. Tanager

Tanager Adventurer

I could make it half and half, but each book would still count as 1 turn-in.

NOOB (or the EM/PEC) will he keeping the 4 gates open, with rezzes in NM for everyone, but I do expect the gates to be camped. Teams with a mage might want to mark their own runes after they get there :) If the book is blessed (siege blessed or runebook, depending how the poll turns out) they can still turn it in after they get rezzed back in NM.

So far, 6 votes for unblessed books, 4 votes to bless em!

Sargatanza and PaulCH like this.
  10. PaulCH

PaulCH Journeyman

In the end, I voted "no"...it is Siege after all :)

Sargatanza and SpyderBite like this.
  11. Lady Lavendar

Lady Lavendar Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I was told anything a PEC sets up, such as a mailbox, will be open to anyone. I think asking a house holder for help with the mailbox would be a good idea if there is one who wouldn't mind doing that.

Sargatanza and FrejaSP like this.
  12. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Young Travelers in could be a place for the Mailbox, only my chars are co-owner and Red Rose are going to make you co-owner there. Only books placed of the house owner will not get a sender name, so if you place mailbox and set setting to owner only, I can join the fun on Freja and books I drop will get a sender name too.

Sargatanza likes this.
  13. Tanager

Tanager Adventurer

Update on location!

The event will be held at the fountain with the large statue, down by the docks in New Magincia. It has 4 invulnerable healers to assist with rezzes, and 4 corners perfect for the gates. The mailboxes will be stationed at Baby Doll's house, right nearby.

Sargatanza likes this.
  14. Tanager

Tanager Adventurer

Little under 3 days to get your vote in. So far, unblessed is leading the way!

Sargatanza likes this.
  15. Tanager

Tanager Adventurer

Last day to vote!

Sargatanza likes this.