1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

First archer created today.

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by bordegan, Jan 27, 2008.

1. bordegan

bordegan Guest

I finally created an archer and wanting to know if this is a good template.

Archery
    Tactics
    Anatomy
    Healing
    Bushido
    Chivalry

I would just want to be doing pvm mostly with him. Any tips and ideas? I saw these bushido archers a few months ago and were able to kill irk solo and were able to kill dreadhorn with just two of them so kinda wanting to strive in that direction. Thanks!

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I would put resist spells in there also other than that thats the template I have

3. <blockquote><hr>

I finally created an archer and wanting to know if this is a good template.

Archery <font color="blue"> 100-120 depends if you use a hunter's headdress </font>
    Tactics <font color="blue"> i would have tactics at a min 70.</font>
    Anatomy <font color="blue"> 90 </font>
    Healing <font color="blue"> 90 - allows you to cure posions and to rez others + use enchaned bandages as they give you +10 healing (so it boost you healing to 100) </font>
    Bushido <font color="blue"> 120 </font>
    Chivalry <font color="blue"> any were from 60-75 for EOO or ConW Divine fury</font>
    <font color="blue"> Most of the templates you saw were for a Sammi with Sword, but you could try including 55 Necro + boost for Vamp form which will heap you leech life of monster. </font>

<font color="blue"> Try and get a good bow for your character and go out and work you way up from level 4-6 creatures and when you can kill them easy try irk and and other named monsters then up to dh.. </font>

4. "I finally created an archer and wanting to know if this is a good template."

This is the basics, but you are missing Resist. For an Archer, it's the only real defensive skill one can have. I'd suggest this for your point spread, depending on your skill point cap:

Archery 120
    Tactics 100-120
    Anatomy 90
    Healing 100
    Bushido 120
    Chivalry 75-80
    Resist 90

This is based on a 710 skill point cap. Depending on what yours is, adjust it in Tactics. At a 720 cap, this will leave you 5 points left over, which I'd suggest you put into Chiv to reduce the failure rate of EoO, which in lengthy battles, does affect the amount of damage you do. If it takes you 5 or more seconds to get it to succeed, that's upwards of 200 points of damage that wasn't done.

5. frodofeet

frodofeet Guest

Yep seems the one Connor just listed is the most popular, it's also the same template I'm working on. I don't have any 120 scrolls, and although my template isn't quite as effective as 120's I'm happy with it. Even at my current skills I do well in Doom &amp; PvM generally [​IMG]

current (planned)

Archery - 107.2 (110)
    Tactics - 99.2 (110)
    Anatomy - 100 (110)
    Healing - 90 (100)
    Bushido - 57.1 (110) Just started this one recently (was Magery)
    Resist - 77.8 (100)
    Chivalry - 80 (80)

STR - 95
    DEX -120
    INT - 30

I'm and elf, so I get more mana to make up for low INT. My jewels boost my DEX &amp; DCI/HCI/DI.

If I had 120 scrolls, then I'd put Archery &amp; Bushido at 120 and drop Tactics/Anat to 100.

6. Toss resist in there....I dumped stealth for resist. I use chiv/bushido as well.
    I have been arguing with myself over working up healing and fading out hiding.....though, I've come to rely on it too much. Helps....but.... [​IMG]
    dazed and confused for so long its not true..........lol...........70's [​IMG]