1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

First Chess Tournament Later Today

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by imported_sedusa, Jan 31, 2008.

1. by Luc on the January 31st, 2008 on the blog

In view of the success of the bake off last week end,

I will attempt a first chess tournament with 2x logic this afternoon between 2pm and 3pm PST.

If the night is clear, we might also have a star gazing party later in the evening between 8pm and 9pm PST, so bring out your telescopes.

Vulcans welcomed,

Cheers,

Luc

2. Where is the chess tournament ? Is it on a specific lot or all logic lots ?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

So ,don't need to be 6 sims on the lot playing chess to have 2x speed?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I think I'm going to miss the chess tournament since I'll be driving home from work, but hopefully I can get in a few minutes of stargazing before I head to bed at 11-ish over on EST.

I always miss the fun stuff... I think I'll call in sick the next time a big $ event is announced. <coughs> lol

Those of you who play in the tourney will have to let us know how it works out!

5. It'll be at 1pm central time?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

"..between 2pm and 3pm PST. If the night is clear, we might also have a star gazing party later in the evening between 8pm and 9pm PST..."

No that's 4-5 PM Central time, and 10 and 11 PM Central time...

7. It appears that it has started...I can't get into a logic skill place to save my sim life! [​IMG]

8. Well, it really isint THAT much faster, i dont see any difference, but my sims logic skill is at 19.77, so maybe thats why it still seems slow.

9. I found one open, better hurry!~

10. Does it show a skill speed percentage higher than 118? /curious

11. jennnnny

jennnnny Guest

Nope it still shows 118%. It doesn't seem any faster at all.

12. nope, still shows 118%, we immed Luc, and he said its not showing, but its supposed to be faster.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Its kind of hard to tell if its faster or not, its not whizzing by, thats for sure !

Its got everyone talking though, which is a nice bonus [​IMG]

Polly

14. JRock

JRock Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Its kind of hard to tell if its faster or not, its not whizzing by, thats for sure !

Its got everyone talking though, which is a nice bonus [​IMG]

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you located? It's like a funeral where I'm at.

15. jennnnny

jennnnny Guest

For an extra bonus... it seems like needs are decaying twice as fast. Anyone else notice?

16. Luc was spotted at Zabrina's today during the big chess tournament.

[​IMG]

Maybe it's just me, but he doesn't appear to be too impressed with chess tournaments. [​IMG]

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Well apparently at one place the speed shows at 188% and is definitely faster than normal. The place I'm at is showing 118% [​IMG]

Polly

18. The speed just went up to 188%!

EDIT: at least where I am it is. [​IMG]

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Ours went up to 198% !!!

Nyah nyah !!

Polly

20. Guest

Guest Guest

lol polly you beat me to it - you must be at Logic Circle too [​IMG]

21. <blockquote><hr>

Ours went up to 198% !!!

Nyah nyah !!

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

We got the 198%, too, but I didn't want to brag. [​IMG] NEENER NEENER!!!

22. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Luc was spotted at Zabrina's today during the big chess tournament.

[​IMG]

Maybe it's just me, but he doesn't appear to be too impressed with chess tournaments. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hmmm... is this significant of Luc's dedication to the game?
    Or is it simply - him standing in a puddle of his own pee?

Inquiring minds.... and all that. [​IMG]

23. JRock

JRock Guest

I don't think it is working like it is supposed to. All the skills are currently at 207 %.

24. Guest

Guest Guest

Ours just went back to normal.....118%
    [​IMG]

25. well it says 118% again. I only stopped to pee and grab a bite to eat once. Went from 0 to 5pts during that hour. So for one hour of skilling I believe the speed was faster. Can't say it was twice as fast but hard to tell.

26. BarbaraBGS

BarbaraBGS Guest

this was a BIG disappointment. yes, it was hard to find a logic house, but i did. The higher percent didn't start until shortly before 3pm pst and it was at 188%, then went to 198% then to 207% and it ended 25 minutes after it started.

Sending maxis a math book for a valentine's present - and maybe a clock or timer too. [​IMG]

27. Guest

Guest Guest

Well it was the first time they've ever done this, surely they're entitled to a little time to get it right?

There is another hour scheduled later for those that are able to play, maybe it will work more smoothly next time.

Polly

28. I had a great time [​IMG]!

29. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I had a great time [​IMG]!

[/ QUOTE ]
    It was fun while it lasted, but the short duration suggests it was more for them than for us.
    Still....