1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

First location chest missing for some people?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by siyeng0, May 1, 2010.

1. siyeng0

siyeng0 Guest

This is odd. I've been doing the quest with some other people. The chest in the warehouse for the first location only seems to show up for some of us; the rest of us can't even see it. (I can't see it, for example, but my partner in crime did exactly the same things as I did and it showed up for them.)

Why is this? Is anybody else having this problem? I'm on Baja; from sitting around in the warehouse I've figured it seems to be a 50/50 thing as to whether the chest shows up for people or not. If anybody else is getting this, have you managed to find a way to fix it?

It's just that the lantern from the chest is needed to make the first book appear.

(Also, for what it's worth, I was able to see, read and recieve a reward for the second book just fine.)

Any insight into the madness is appreciated. 8D

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

actually, your lamp, if you have one, from the Abyss housing quest reacts exactly the same as Ricardo's lamp... took a different character this morning thru the quest from the start and never once put Ricardo's lamp in her hand, she held the Lamp of Spirituality, and it turned green and I could read the books

as for not being able to see things, with one character yesterday (I've only done three) the books kept blinking in and out of existence, but I had no trouble with the chest at all

3. siyeng0

siyeng0 Guest

Alas, I don't have a lamp of spirituality. But I may be able to borrow one.

There are a few bugs with the quest, but nothing that can't be worked around. Thank you for the advice!

4. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I've noticed, as for the book in skele fort, sometimes you have to run back and forth to see book if you turn lamp on late.

5. You don't need a lamp to see the chest...I assume you're speaking of the one above the dock in east britan? I say this because you're supposed to get Ricardos lantern from that chest. The ay I did it yesterday....
    1) see Avery, say "treasure" recall out to>
    2) Ricardo, say "ricardo" recall to E Brit>
    3) dbl click book, get lantern, (if you need one) recall to spot of the day, dbl click book,recall to Lt Dan, in Brit, or Lt Crag in cove.

Only time lanterns needed is at last book. From my undertakings, did it 18 times between yesterday and today.

6. siyeng0

siyeng0 Guest

That's the problem. Neither the lantern nor the first book appear for me at all. As in, a person for whom they do appear can be standing right there with me pointing to the spot, and I can't see anything there.

Thank you for your help, though. I seem to be able to do the other parts just fine; just not the first location.

7. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

i got the book near the telescope, wheres the first one from yesterday?

i had the trouble of not seeing the book or chest, but i ran back to avery n ricardo again then back and book was theres. odd

8. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

skele fort near terr keep t2a