1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

First net... hilarity ensues

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Santos, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Santos

Santos Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Got my first special net today. Then I decided to throw it in just to see what happens..... oooOOOOooooo

2. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

Nets can be fun, I usually do them in Bucs Den.

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The proximity of the healers to Buccs den docks is an aspect which cannot be ignored when casting special nets :D

4. Santos

Santos Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I knew all that but I just couldn't help myself. I wanted to see it NOW.

5. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

*chuckles* When I started my fisher ages ago, I didn't know anything about the nets much less about throwing them from Bucs. My poor lowly chef/fisher played with it and saw that it was tossable. So silly thing figured out how to do so and OOooOOooo very quickly lol. It was a riot thats when I learned Help stuck feature was my friend lol.

6. gmcbroom

gmcbroom Guest

Okay I'll play stupid. What killed you? Did you pull up a monster? If so what type? I'm just curious. Help a guy connect the dots please.
    :)

7. Santos

Santos Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I pulled up a Kraken, 2 water ele's, and a few serpants. I was dead so fast I didn't even know what hit me.

8. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

Tossing a net will bring up Sea Serpants, Deep Sea Serpants, Water Elementals, and the famed and desired Kraken. The Kraken can have MiBs on them and the rare rope, the others have normal loot and normal spawn T-Maps.

9. gmcbroom

gmcbroom Guest

Thankyou. I was curious and now I know. :) Seems like you'll need a few people to do those in safety.

10. Santos

Santos Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I got my second net and tossed it from Buc's Den with my stealth Mage. It's a fairly easy spawn with him. Even better I got a MIB from the Kraken and fished it up for my first chest which had another net in it.

11. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

hehe ... I remember that feeling. Oh look, it's a kra-oOoo.

My first fisherman was a peace-mage, but was too low skill to reliably get off a peace when he drew the attention of the beast. Didn't discover Buc's Den until researching how to tackle a leviathan.

12. Kariny

Kariny UO Lake Superior News Reporter

Ahh! The best part of fishing! The tales we can tell! LOL

I couldn't resist my first net either. I tossed it off my boat as soon as I got it. Now, here's where my stupidity kicked in.
    I was out at sea near Kos Heb when I did it. Insurance didn't exist, nobody around to res me, and by the time I reached Papua my corpse was gone. LOL

Once, I was stuck on Kos Heb for a week before I figured out to use the stuck button. Dead as doornail, my ship was locked, and by golly it sank before I could get back to it. LOL

13. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

What's the difference between the sea dwelling krakens and the ones in Shame?

14. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

open sea ones have a breath weapon attack and have a MiB in their loot. If you dredge up 3 of them with one net with a character in training out in the middle of the ocean, it's bad news.

15. I toss nets in Buc's with my Archer Bard (Former Sandal Hunter)

Of course Sandoval has had many interesting career twists and turns (Journeyman Bard provoking spawn on EMs during the Trinny Invasion on Sonoma was one such adventure).

I should write a book about his adventures LOL

16. Kariny

Kariny UO Lake Superior News Reporter

Nothing better than a pint and good sea tale!:pint:

Go for it! Maybe submit them to UO.com or post them on Stratics for us to read!

17. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Welcome to the wonderful world of Fishing!!!

:)

18. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

*laughing*

This is why FCB sponsors Net tosses on GL...we go to Buc Den dock and toss 4 or 5 at a time. Much mayhem ensues!

Here's a picture:

[​IMG]

19. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

Mibs, both have ropes though, and Wind is a better place for them then Shame IMHO.