1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

First time Tamer

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nox, Jun 30, 2008.

  1. Nox

    Nox Guest

    What Taming skill does it take to control a Lesser Hiyru legitematly? and also, Can i heal it using Vet at any skill level? or does my Vet have to be a certain skill to heal my lesser? thanks :D
     
  2. Viquire

    Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2008
    Messages:
    3,456
    Likes Received:
    507
    There is no requirement for vet on control of any pet.

    However, the higher your vet skill the more reliably you will heal without fails and your vet skill is checked vs difficulty for being able to cure poisons.
     
  3. galefan2004

    galefan2004 Guest

    You can find information about controlling pets on the main site of Stratics I believe.
     
  4. Nylan

    Nylan Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 24, 2008
    Messages:
    97
    Likes Received:
    1
    I believe you need 99 taming.
    And vet works at about any level, it just better the higher it is.
    And your lore also helps with how much you heal.
     
  5. Norrar

    Norrar Lore Master
    Governor Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 25, 2008
    Messages:
    1,175
    Likes Received:
    294
    a lesser hiyru controlled without bushido requires a high animal lore skill. Lore plays the more important part in controlling a pet (around 80-90%) while taming is less important in controlling.(20-10%) I think these numbers are roughly right.
    Think of vet like healing. Higher skills means curing and rezzing your pet.
    Also, if you rez your pet, it suffers less skill drop than if someone else rezzed your pet.
     

  6. Required Taming: 98.7

    http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=hunters&id=1444

     
  7. galefan2004

    galefan2004 Guest

    Its ninjitsu not bushido. Its only 80 ninjitsu to bond a lesser.

    Wrong. Your taming skill makes up 80% of the control chance and your lore makes up 20%.

    Wrong. It suffers a .1 drop in all skills regardless of who resses it (what you are referencing was a proposed change with AoS back when pets still lost 10 skill points in all skills each death and even then it never made it into the game).
     
  8. I do not see any ninjitsu in the page here at Stratics.
     
  9. Ash

    Ash Guest

    Wrong, it is bushido.

    Also note Pub 47 changed bonding lessers and players now require taming or bushido to control, they no longer can be controlled by anyone.

    Five on Friday that discusses bonding and control with bushido

     
  10. galefan2004

    galefan2004 Guest

    Ok...sometimes I'm just an idiot. I was thinking it was Ninjitsu because I know many people that have GM or higher Bushido that never even bothered with lesser hiyrus.

    The stuff about taming actually is correct though....in the future I should stick to stuff I know. *scolds self*
     
  11. TheScoundrelRico

    TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2001
    Messages:
    35,539
    Likes Received:
    908
    awww, don't say that...la
     
  12. Sarphus

    Sarphus Guest

    Lesser Hiryu are for samurai. There are a number of 3 slotters that are MUCH stronger.

    Just so you know.
     
  13. ki-rin

    ki-rin Guest

    hi nox

    same taming skill needed for a lesser hiryu as with a (greater) hiryu so if you have enough taming+lore skills for a lesser hiryu then you should probably consider getting a greater, not a lesser. however a greater hiryu is a 4 slot pet. most of the lesser hiryu owners are non-tamers with high bushido skills. and sarphus is right - there are other 3 slot pets that are much stronger for a tamer.
     
  14. Norrar

    Norrar Lore Master
    Governor Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 25, 2008
    Messages:
    1,175
    Likes Received:
    294

    Ok why would you have thought ninjitsu in the first place? they have animal form to move quicker, they dont need a mount. Do you ask a stealth archer with ninjitsu where his mount is? *points out common sense*

    And unless you have a tamer (which i doubt) dont tell me im wrong unless you can clearly show proof i am. Because all i really see from your posts are complaints against others. The only positive ones go to you or a friend. (clearly someone has a siege issue.)

    And ive been taming for long enough to know my stuff so dont test me.
     
  15. Nox

    Nox Guest

    That just about answers all my questions..thanks for the responses guys :) did mean for anyone to feel like an idiot...
    *pats Galefan on the back*
     
  16. gandolfofaol

    gandolfofaol Guest

    Your wrong. From Stratics

    # The actual formula for combined skill is Effective Taming=(Animal Taming * 4 + Animal Lore) / 5.
    # If Effective Taming is less than or equal to the Pet Difficulty then Pet Control %=70 + 14 * (Effective Taming - Pet Difficulty).
    If Pet Control % is less than 20 then Pet Control % becomes 20.
    # If Effective Taming is greater than the Pet Difficulty then Pet Control %=70 + 6 * (Effective Taming - Pet Difficulty).
    If Pet Control % is greater than 99 then Pet Control % becomes 99.


    Taming is 4/5 or 80% and Lore is 1/5 or 20%.