1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Fish Monger Quests. what to keep?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by mark4583, Mar 25, 2013.

1. mark4583

mark4583 Visitor

Mar 1, 2013
    I just got the High seas pack today and have been doing the Monger quests, Now my cargo load full of many types of crabs lobsters and fish.
    Am I going to need all these for other quests? what do I keep?
    There a list somewhere I can use?
  2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    You need to store the fish off the ship - so if your ship decays you don't lose them.

You don't need any "a fish", and the non-named crabs and lobsters are only good for cleanup points or library donation.

For fish:
    If you caught it in shallow water, and it's named - you'll need it for quests
    If you caught it in deep water, it's named, and it stacks - you'll need it for quests
    If you caught it in a dungeon, it's named, and it stacks - you'll need it for quests

Named stuff that doesn't stack - These are mostly odd recolors of the basic fish, though there's a marlin form that's not. They have non-standard (not 10 stone) weights, and above 20 stones will display weight, fisher name and date.
    The Mud Puppy and the Red Herring from the Underworld are for quests, and can be mounted. Otherwise they can be cut up for fish steaks to donate.
    Some of the others can be mounted
    The rest are used in pie recipes that act as buffs

There are
    12 shallow water fish for quests
    18 deep water fish for quests
    12 dungeon fish for quests
    6 crabs for quests
    6 lobsters for quests
    #2 Basara, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013