1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fish stacking?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tukaram, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Tukaram

Tukaram Guest

I looked at the fishing forum but did not see anything on this...

I was fishing earlier today and fish are no longer stacking. The fish steaks I cut up also don't stack. Also I fished for a while and got no serpents. I have not upgraded to UO fishing so this could be a part of the problem. Do I have to upgrade to get sea serpents to spawn (or did I just have some bad luck today), and more importantly do fish and steaks no longer stack? Would upgrading straighten this up? I really don't play enough to see upgrading anytime soon.

2. Babble

Babble Guest

No, it is just 'bugged'

3. Tukaram

Tukaram Guest

Bummer... it is almost amusing how fast your backpack can max out while fishing :)

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

It's only the unnamed "Fish" that no longer stack. The named fish in AHS will stack once you get to the skill level to start catching them.

The fish that aren't stacking are probably an artifact of there being a couple dozen possible fish that low skill or lack of AHS expansion are reverting to the old fish design. The bug really needs to be fixed for those that are low level or without the booster, but if you have a booster it quickly becomes a non-issue.

5. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

What client are you using. If you are using the CC and UOA check your setting on stacking fish.

6. Basara

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Frodo - it's not UO Assist...

You can't even MANUALLY stack that still have the "A Fish" name, nor will the fish steaks from them stack with other fish steaks (even from identical fish) anymore.

7. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Basara is correct. The old style fish are no longer stacking and if you cut them up the steaks also dont stack. IT's most likely a bug. hehe makes it kinda hard to keep fish in the fridge.

8. Calliope

Calliope Guest

I have the booster and GM fishing, so I don't suffer from non-stacking fish. I do think, though, that sea serpents have become much rarer, and since I mainly fish for nets and MiBs this is a bit of a downer.

Anyone else noticed this, or is it the revenge of the RNG?

9. Basara

it's the RNG, Calliiope...

I can sit fishing off my boat by the buoy line of the FE, and get 1 serpent every 20 or so casts, and about 2 of every 3 with a MIB. Hell, I sometimes get them fishing for shallow water fish while pulled up to the Emporium.