1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fish Weight!!!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by A Stoned Mariner, Oct 17, 2010.

1. I hate to complain, but this is a simple tweak, with a huge impact.

The 10 stone fish....common! If I fish to 30 minutes and I want to move my catch to my bank/house for storage I can barely do it. Let alone if I go on an extended fishing trip for a few hours. I usually am carrying 150 stone in supplies, my char can hold about 550. So literally I can only move 40 fish at a time. If I fish for a few hours, I have hundreds of fish! Transport takes forever.

Please make the fish 1 stone. The 10 stone is just a pain for no logical reason.

And since you cant fish mounted, I cant exactly sit on a beetle to use for transport. And most fish chars do not necessarily have magery to support casting gate travel.

PLEASE...1 stone fish for all fish!!!

A lifelong UO fisher...begging for a simple fix!

2. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Why don't you put them in the ship hold? Even the Classic Ships have can hold over 14,000 stones.

3. Umfufu

Umfufu Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

My old ship still hold 400 stones ....

4. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I didn't like the new fish weights to begin with, but they've grown on me.
    For moving them out of the boat to somewhere else, I found a blue beetle invaluable.

5. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

Is it a legacy ship from before the booster? You likely have to drydock and place it again to get the hold increase.

6. Gunga_Din

Gunga_Din Guest

Will u lose legacy then?

7. If I want to (which I do, and am) sell them on vendors to people not looking to invest the time in fishing up the catches themselves. They will need to be transported to land.

8. And yes, if you dry dock a legacy boat. It becomes worthless.

9. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Its annoying in the hold cause of the size of the fish, and the fact that there are like 20 types now. It would be nice if you could sort them in bags in the hold, but the bags get over loaded rapidly.

10. Umfufu

Umfufu Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have no clue what you guys are talking about.

Old or new, deployed, dry docked, deployed.

All have a 400 stone hold.
    I have yet to see 14000 stones on the old style/classic ship.

11. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

because you still have to take 100 trips through a gate to bring them all home every day to dry dock your ship, cant leave them out or they're destroyed and looted by the time you log back in.

12. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

I thought I remember a developer posting on here that classic ship hold size was being increased. Someone also updated UOGuide to say 14,000 on them.

13. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

just tried it. It uses the galleon launch window and status wording, but only shows 400 stone for the hold.

14. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I just finished a session of dungeon fishing (shame). I had 3 bags on the floor by my feet and a pet ball in my pack. When I had all 3 bags full and the 10 cutthroat trout I needed for my current quest in my pack I used the pet ball to call in my bonded pack llama, dropped the three bags in its pack and recalled home - where I have secured crates in which to store my fish.

15. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

:thumbup1:

16. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

What, do you park your ship in Felucca? Might be a mistake, matey!

17. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Our shard doesn't have tram, not the issue though, the issue is it takes 45 @#%@# minutes to unload the ship every day....which has led to the fact that i no longer care about the new content....90% setup and teardown time, 10% playtime.

18. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

Add my support for reducing fish weight.

19. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

OooOOooo .... How do you got that quest? What is your fishing at? (Or have you taken it before the latest updates?)

20. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have 2 (more but not going to try everyone of them) & neither one increases over the original 400 stones. In & out of the water with them 3x's now to see if they would chg & neither does. I know both ships are at least a few yrs old (guessing 6+) this could be the reason.

*Updated*
    Went out & bought NEW Large Dragon Ship, & still 400 Stone weight hold.

21. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Like Petra said, use a packhorse or a beetle. Each packhorse or beetle will give you storage for an additional 160 fish (or four extra trips per pack, in your case).

Here's a tip for fish sorting. There are several fish which have the same graphic as other fish. What you can do is drop a fish or fish stack on a like fish graphic even if it isn't the same named fish, and your stack or single fish will then find the correct stack in that container or bounce off if it can't find one. By this method, simply place all like-graphic fish in the same corner. Here's an image of how I sort my fish. Also, I decided to place a second ship just to keep fish, while I use my first ship to run fishmonger quests:

[​IMG]

22. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

or stack them in hold and on boat until you get 40 of them and bos that stack to your bank