1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Fisher/Macer Template help

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Guest, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Now that i have my melee character well under way I thought maybe it was time to start fishing again. My fisher has always done pretty good in the days of old but maybe with todays creatures he may not do so well? Here is his skills/stats:

Ana 89.9
    Fishing 100.0
    Focus 80.0
    Healing 76.9
    Mace 100.7 scrolled to 105 currently
    Magery 70.0 locked
    Parry 100.0 no scroll
    Tactics 100.0 no scroll

Str 100
    Dex 97
    Int 33

What I am thinking is dropping Magery for Chivalry (to heal and travel plus heavier hitting).
    Would I be better off dropping healing also if I go chivalry? I think as a macer I need Focus.
    I need advice to get this guy back to fishing and getting some maps again.
  2. Trukx

Trukx Guest

Biggest issue for timeliness factors more than anything is the lack of ranged killing, unless of course you can find a 2 hit serp killing mace. You'll spend a lot of time chasing down wounded serps.

As for focus.......total refresh pots, chivalry, leeching weapon. Dont waste points on focus.

What you have there is fine for killing anything fishing related except for the leviathan.
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

That is what I would like to change my skills for to kill a leviathan. The weapon I use is a snake killer great for deep sea serpoents. I wanted to update my skills for the big ones if I could. I have a collection of nets just taking up space.
  4. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jan 30, 2003
    100 Anatomy
    100 Fishing
    100 Healing
    120 Maces (or as high as you can get it)
    100 Parry
    100 Tactics
    65 Chivalry
    35 Necromancy

For the necro part of this to work, you will some extra equipment that could be expensive if you don't already have it. +15 necro ring, +15 necro bracelet, bloodwood talisman with +5 necro, midnight bracers that and grimoire book (I forget the name) that has +10 necromancy. When you equip all that necro stuff, your necromancy skill will be around 100. You can then cast the spell vampiric embrace that will give you the equivalent of gm focus and it all gives you life leech and immunity to poison. Once you cast it you can unequip the items and wear your normal suit.

I'm guessing if you want to solo the leviathan, you will need to lure it to land and joust it.