1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fisherfolk

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by archiv, Apr 24, 2009.

1. archiv

archiv Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So after a few hits and misses here on Siege, I decided to take up what was true and dear to me, what really drew me to UO more then anything else...Fishing!
    Now I had a question to any fisherfolk out there, would there be any interest in forming a pure fishers guild? Much like the Thief Guild, only with rods and hooks and fish steaks...I intend to make a guild of the likes but havent yet, so I dont consider this an actual "guild" thread. But if there were any other fisherfolks out there who would be interested in such a guild, please feel free to contact me via pm or here! My hopes is for a pure fishing society, where the rum flows free from the belly of the beast and the tales grow big as the..um...belly of the..um..beast...

Fish on!

2. Riverhorse

Riverhorse Guest

are there enough of us with fishers to make a guild? Mine is only 91.5 in skill and fishes off of the Tokuno Islands.

3. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Start a pirate guild!

Arrrr.....

And you guys fish on the side for relaxation when you're not drinking rum and fiddling with wenches.

4. archiv

archiv Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Probably not enough to make a HUGE guild! But that's part of being a fisher, fish stories! We'd have the biggest guild ever! Capable of emtying the ocean of all the fish with a single flinch of the wrist!

But seriously, I know there are other fisherfolk out there, though most I'm sure are already in other guilds (perhaps with their other characters). Mine is still a bit from complete.
    My hope and/or intent is more to have a group of folks who enjoy the things fishing provides, as littles as it may be. Net tossing has always been a favorite of mine. Even with a small group, everyone tossing a net can create quiet a whirlpool when they pop up (refering to the color nets, not whites..though that could be entertaining too without all my prod' fisher's uber gear..half dozen leviathans...)

There's guilds dedicated for thieves, orcs, polar bear riders, treasure hunters..why not fishers? and if there is already a fishing guild out there, please speak up! There's a member or two out here looking for a home and someone to swap tales with

5. archiv

archiv Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'd actually considered this when I was first kicking around the idea of a guild. Would be much of a pirate though, being that my pvp ability on land stuns folks with laughter. I'm sure no one would take a pirate who tries to run away while anchored on his boat too seriously :blushing: Not to say we couldnt have pirates in a fishing guild! They'd just have to be fisherfolks too!

6. Riverhorse

Riverhorse Guest

Tho the rewards for fishermen may soon change. If I recall correctly, Draconi had mentioned in one of his posts about fishermen getting some love in the future...

7. archiv

archiv Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Just in case there are any fisherfolks intereseted in this, I posted in the guild recruitment thread as well. And yes, pirates are welcome as well as long as you know how to fish.

8. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Actually I DO hope yall have success with a fishers guild. My own chr. Hughes of Gray, whom is a gm chef gm scribe gm alchemist has become bored and has just begun taking up fishing. Atm though he is into collecting fish for his fish aquarium so his actual fishing skills still suck.. but he can COOK up all the fish he does get. He is in a guild though but any events yall would hold in future he sure would be interested in attending be it net tosses or whatevers.

Might I also ask you and others whom have fishers here, what other skills would you put ON your fisher for being a bit better equipped to survive the ocean blue out there ? My only other gm fisher is on Chesapeake and he was done and made ages ago...so no clue what a NEW breed fisherman may even need out there on the seas nowadays.

I would no doubt have to Soulstone some of his other skills cuz he is all maxed out with the scribing alchem chefing but I DO want him to be also a fisherman. . I may even move him back to Ocllo where he once had a home here be right on the ocean waters or maybe.......bucs den. :)

I think there be a need for a fishers guild and events related to fishin the high seas. Good luck and if ever there is anything I can do to help yall out lemme know. Oh yeh and I almost forgot...if yall need fishing poles in assorted wood types, I can make some up for yall on my Carpenter Miranda. I do sell some also at Leaf's shop Umbra and at my own house near Iantown way, by Gravewater Lake...*see shop stickies above* But I would gladly help your new guild making up some fishing poles for yall .. oak ones bring yall luck and frostwood ones are spellcasting. :)

9. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I think Scuzzlebutt said it best.. your posts go the way of Charlie Brown's adults.. "wah wah wah."

To the OP, I'm glad you stuck around and I wish you the best.

10. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Wut ? Oh sorry I can not read your words Sweeney

I've gone fishin'

[​IMG]

11. archiv

archiv Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

now now, no room for bickering in the fishing world...Have a shot and...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/55Omwpj650M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/55Omwpj650M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

(and for the true fans..Primus sucks!)

12. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I actually did read what you said.. but in most instances, remember the saying.. brevity is the soul of wit. Or in most cases, succinct and to the point. You don't get points for letter-counts.

13. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

NP

BTW Just read your request on the bulletin board at Leaf's shop. I should have goza mats in blacks, restocked sometime later today, Sunday. 4 all you were needing ?

Back on topic:

The OP pm'd me, regarding his new guild and possibly my one chr. may be joining up with his new fisher guild.

14. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Yes 4 is all I need now.. I'll take 10 though.:thumbup1:

15. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

QZ... You keep typing. I hope you have fun in the fisher's quild. Having fun is rare enough these days. Rare like friends... *smiles*

16. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Your 1 tile teleporter sz. black mats are ready 6 of em. I ran out of room on that vendor. They are on the addon vendor front balcony, at Leaf's Umbra shop.

17. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Archiv if you and any other Chicken of the Sea fisher people whom are stil maybe homeless, I placed a log cabin on Ocllo yall are free to come in there and I can set yall up a storage chest or two. . if ya can gate yet or SAIL IN..and park ye ship in my front yard there.

The house is right behind the Ocllo Tannery...on the shore there facing the ocean blue. House name ATM is 'Guardians of MYTH Ocllo'. I can access yall or friend yall if ya wish til ya can get some homes built somewhere on Siege, at least.

18. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Aye I think my Hughes will join up with em. If not maybe I can take MYTH into some direction to ally with some fisher people whom are new here yet. Ocllo too is a lovely quiet isle save for them ugly dark wisps at the one end, but Ocllo is hardly used on Siege. It needs some love and citizenry.

I find a new people to Siege sometimes there all lost *the insta paladin templaters* each wondering how to get off the island. :) I may put ALL of my accts. there...just have to get used to smaller houses is all.

I had an 18 x 18 on Hughes by Iantown I have to collapse it yet, but just yesterday I managed to get all his fish aquariums INTO this log cabin so np. :) I kinda like that spot & for Ocllo a log cabin is HUGE.

Having fun is what UO is supposed to BE ABOUT no matter what templates we want to play ...bout time some of us just HAVE fun here on Siege, dontcha think ? :thumbsup: