1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fisherman's suit

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Doubleplay, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

After fishing for the rare fish with bait, I have to assume that the chances of catching one is at least 500 to 1. I suspect that it is much greater than this.

The fishing suit increases bait strength 50%, if I remember right. Using the 500 to 1 example, the suit should give you a huge increase to 500 to 1.5. How can this be worth the price for the suit and the imbuing necessary to make it workable?

2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

it's made for charybdis... so you can avoid to waste all your bait for failing to catch him...

3. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Not sure how well that 50% bump is, have not tested it yet.

BUT

EPIC fail on the dang Dev's imho.... How in the heck is the Hat not dyed to match the rest of the suit?? :loser:

4. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Let's say that charybdis is a 1 in 10 chance to pull up (I don't know the exact odds), then a 50% suit which doubles the strength of the bait should give you a 1.5 in 10 chance of pulling him up. Correct me if I am wrong, but a 100% increase in strength would only be a 2 in 10 chance. Seems to me that the suit is still almost useless.

5. Miri of Sonoma

Miri of Sonoma Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Where does it say that? Are you saying it only works for charybdis bait?? I want to avoid wasting my regular bait! *shakes her head*