1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fishing and Tmaps

Discussion in 'UHall' started by imported_Moslar, Feb 10, 2008.

1. I miss taking my pirate out on the high seas because it just does not seem worth it like it was in the old days. The same pirate would drop upon shore now and then to dig up maps, but is that worth it?

To bring back some of the excitement, I wondered if you all would agree to something like this:

Any item in game (non-event), chance you take, can be in an SOS or TMAP at of course percentages that make sense to what you are doing (Lvl 1-6 maps).

Now if it just happens your lucky enough to find a broken chair in the chest maybe on your 50th SOS, at least the Chair can say "Blackbeards Thinking Seat", or whatnot. Not all chairs necessarily have to be the same either, you could have like Lord British's Throne if you fished up an old chair or throne. With wording and the odds of getting stuff anyways you can come up with some true rares that many others would not have. Besides normal things with different descriptions you could attain any artifact or stealable randomly as well.

TMAP's would be the same but of course the lower the level the even harder to obtain a random item, but at least the chance is even there for the new thunters. The possabilities of loot like this is endless and just put all the loot on a 1,000,000 sided dice and lets play.

Regards,

Old time Pirate-Thunter of the High Seas

2. I have often hated that we know, every time, exactly what range of loot will come from any given monster. It makes every monster but the very largest, useless. It makes the low level dungeons empty, the overland spawn useless and because you can never get from fishing the same cool loot you get from the high end monsters, why fish?

I would love it if there was not loot by monster type but a chance, weighted by difficulty, to get any thing on any creature or tmap / chest. So if you do the hardest creature or task, it would be a 99% chance of the top loot and arties but if you kill a mongbat or do a L1 chest, it would be a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of getting the best items in game.

I'd like more randomness in the treasure. I hate camping a certain spawn every time because they are the only things in game giving the high end loot.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Maybe put an item like the Inquisitor's Resolution in LVL 6 T-Maps and/or White Net loot to screw the few people who control the spawn ;P

4. Any other thoughts on this for pvm'ers....? or thunters and fishermen?

Or did everyone quit these trades?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I miss the days when you needed an ID wand or Item ID. To me that was a big part that made fishing up SOSs fun... you didn't know what you had, but you KNEW it was all magical to a degree (and not of the "+1 to one of 5 resists so that you need a chart just to see if the item counts as "magic" or not we have now) and you had a chance at a top end item.

I don't even remember the last time I kept a T-Map much less took the time to do one.

The systems are great, but they're missing something these days... something to keep things interesting.

6. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i dont do sos less white leave new haven reason time in to do vs rewards isnt worth it!!!!!!!!!!!! can we get paragon sea serpents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!