1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fishing by design or flaw?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Merus, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

I have noticed when fishing in deep water with bait, that failing to catch anything does not use the bait. However, when fishing in lava with bait each cast uses the bait charge even when nothing is caught. I would assume that bait should work the same regardless of where you fish, so which fishing locations is broke?

2. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

All other baits and fish are carbon based. Lava fish and baits are silicon based. The same rules do not apply.

3. Muu Bin

Muu Bin Guest

Lava fish are tungsten-based and their food, hence their bait, is silicone-based. :mf_prop: Just sayin'

4. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hm I think you can bait silicon based in California. Wait, what the hell are you guys talking about? rofl...

5. whuat? yo daddy never take you fishin? do not assume, good rule for most walks of life.

It Always matters what bait you use
    and where
    and when
    and how, and why, and with whom
    tackle, like line and rod and sinkers do too!
    then there's jinxes and luck ... bit o study on that there,:scholar: never hurts.
    And, there's diffint "styles", ya gots yo trolling and snag lines and trot lines and traps and nets and:eyes: dyn-o-mite, and wading and floating and *whew* spearing and noodlin' and sport and feeding the family and ... you listening?
    Alright ... and fly casting and bait casting and bow-n-arrow and bobbers and drowning worms on the bottom till they wake you up dragging the line off the boat, the pier, the dock, the beached dingy, the bank of the slow stream, fast stream and netting salmon swimming up river (watch the bears like the indians did ... they're putting on fat for the winter) and trophy and catch and release ... yeah! seriously ... catch them and then release them ... *shakes head*

hooo! I ain'tchur daddy!
    But I think you now know why it "matters" bout your fishing ...

and that fishing ain't necessarily bout water and fish ...
    fishing for compliments, fishing expedition for possible clues ...
    fishing nickles and change from a drain, or keys or >something< ya think is there and just ain't sure ...

fishing around is what matters.

6. elianydd

elianydd Guest

Ummmm, it burns up?!? :mf_prop:

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Hum... guess I've never noticed... I don't typically use bait while fishing.

8. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'ts the same for the fish hooks. The red hooks give you about 1/2 the casts to get items the other half is nothing on the hook....

9. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

On the topic of fishing, I found this article on UOJournal, it's an interview that Richard Garriott gave some blog and he talked about fishing and how he was surprised by it in UO:

Official Soulrift Website | MMO Chat: Richard Garriott

10. Muu Bin

Muu Bin Guest

This was back when things worked? :stir:

sorry... couldn't help myself...