1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fishing: Is there a trick to catching a Big Fish?? nt

Discussion in 'UHall' started by kristypl, Apr 23, 2010.

1. kristypl

kristypl Guest

I cant seem to catch a Big Fish any Hints/Suggestions?

Thanks Kristy

2. retrorider

retrorider Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry, Kristy. I am fairly sure you are at the whim of the RNG (random number generator) and your skill level.

Fishing in different spots should help as should fishing from a boat but boat fishing has it's own perils.

Have fun!

3. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I have noticed many times that the serpents don't start appearing and/or I don't fish up anything unusual for the first 20 minutes or so of fishing on a particular day. So if you really have your heart set on getting a big fish, plan on fishing for a good 45 minutes to an hour, if not more, in any one session to have a better chance of landing something.

4. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

And just to be sure you know, Big fish land at your feet not in your pack

5. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

1. You just have to have the skill to fish them up.
    2. Its random, but you can catch them any deep sea water.
    3. They land at your feet and looks much like regular fish, so if you have a pile of fish that you have UOA autostack to, then it might land right ontop or below them and you might not see it.

6. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You have to be in deep water like far out ocean. I always fish 8'ish squares away, but along the server boarder SW of vesper. Then it just takes time. I prbably get at least three per hour. You will need to be ready for the sea-serpents. So I use a sea serpent protection or killer talisman to help. My killer is 99% sea-serpent killer.

-Lorax

7. five oclock

five oclock Guest

aye first off get a big boat and stock it with tons of ale :D

Second float out till you cant see any land at all..

third drink some ale :D

fourth just start fishing...BUT I believe you have to be 65 fishing skill to get a small chance at it...cant remember for sure...

fifth drink more ale...For catching the big fish is fun it does land at your feet. Just dont do the mistake of cutting it up for bait...

Just keep casting too....There are I have a book of the times I have caught the big ones...Mostly for me it was 2 a day...

I have tried fishing while moving and fishing while standing still....Both have equal chances...But moving does help to get away from ALOt of sea monsters :D

good luck and keep us updated...btw does anyone remember who has the biggest fish ever? I remember back about a year or two ago someone broke the old ole record.

8. five oclock

five oclock Guest

9. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

After the fishing contest for a biggest stone fish I went to the end of the long dock of the garg landsa fishing village. Pull serps more often there and got a 109 stone last night from the pier. Also chance for delicate scales and pearls fishing the garg waters. No boat needed in those waters.