1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fishing loot and MiB's

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Slayvite, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Has anyone since the 'change' been able to get an MiB?
    I've worked through 20 nets now and only get maps.

Also on fishing up the sos's i had i've gotten none of the new fishing loot in my chests, just old junk armour and gems.

A bug or just my bad luck with the rng?

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have been getting mibs when fishing, several per day in fact, also I have been getting the new artifacts and such so I will have to say you are having a run of bad luck

3. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable

Thought asmuch, just hoped it was something else ;)
    Cheers for response thou :thumbup1:

4. i don't recall getting MIBs from serpents you get from nets, i could be wrong. however, at 80 fishing, you start to fish them up directly, and fish up sea serpents at 85, i think.

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

mibs come from on serpents (but not all serps) cant remember the exact level though somewhere around 80 takie a look at the fishing info i am sure its listed there or the forum

6. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

Krakens from nets often have a mib with them. I am not shure on the serpents from nets.

7. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

I did not get any MIBs but figured it was normal variation (so far) I did three SOS and got only 3 sea serpents one with nothing and one with a map and one with a net. SInce I fish to the spot I usually get more but I did get 2 white pearl so oh well.

8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Bad luck I've been getting them left and right.

9. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran

Make sure your account still has high seas access.

10. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Serpents fished up can carry an SoS (you'll get the message that you pull up a serpent with a Message in a Bottle). Krakens brought up by nets can carry a Bottle as well. Serpents brought up by nets only have the chance for maps.

I'm still convinced even after several RNG changes that "hotspots" in the waters exist (A hotspot being a location where you will get a higher than average haul of special items (nets, maps, and bottles)).

It seems to go even further in my experience with Crab traps as well, but unfortunately in the opposite direction. Some areas I try crab/lobster fishing it seems it's almost impossible to get to 3 caught in one trap many times the traps sink right after the second caught and sometimes after the first to the point that you end up with upwards of 40% loss of traps just picking them up at 2 or 3 caught... don't EVEN try for 4 or 5. Other areas seems like getting to 3 is not a problem.

Also seems like these "hotspots" move a lot more since some of the changes. (Note: That these changes are NOT taking into account the latest Publish changes and have been true prior to the latest Publish).

11. Muu Bin

Muu Bin Guest

I am of the opinion too, that hotspots exist. There is one particular place where I fish from where l pull up at least one or two serpents before "The fish don't seem to be biting" line appears above my head. I will move to another spot on my ship deck and fish until all the fish are gone and not catch one serpent. Then make my way back to the original spot and "bam" serpents again. This goes on day in and day out and has not changed since I first recognized this pattern (about a month ago).

12. Luvmylace

Luvmylace Sage
    Stratics Veteran