1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Fishing not included in the thunt changes?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Shelleybean, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just read the producers letter and there was still no mention of fishing. I think only treasure hunting is getting the update this summer.
    It looks like treasure hunting will become harder. I wonder if the loot will be equal to the challenge?

2. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran

Well,l, the chests fished up are just treasure chests of various levels, aren't they? Wouldn't updating the treasure chests automatically also affect fishing?

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

No, the chests are different in a number of regards.

1. The SOS chests have a chance of having a net in them (100% a white net for level 4/ASOS)

2. The number of items per level of each type (gems, scrolls, regs, items) is different.

Give me a few minutes and I'll list a comparison of the differences between level 1-3 T-Map Chests and the level 1-3 SOS Chests.

4. Basara

Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Item: T-Map / SOS

Gold (both): 1000 per level
    Reagents(mage or necro): 3 stacks of 40-60 per level / 1 stack of 10 per level *
    Scrolls: 4 per level / 5 per level (all level 4-7 types in either chest - can be magery or necro).
    Gems: 3 per level / 10 per level
    Magic items: 5 per level (changes at level 4) / 6 per level

*With T-Maps, you get different Reagent types for each pile, until you hit Level 5 & 6 maps (As there are only 13 mage/necro reagent types), and the duplicate stacks auto-combine in the chest. The stacks of 10 from SOS chests can have duplicates, and don't autostack when the chest spawns (so, for example, a level 3 chest can have 3 stacks of 10 regs each, and 2 of the stacks be Spider Silk, separate from each other).

5. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran

Wow, that's disappointing. I always liked fishing, and never knew I was playing second fiddle. :p

6. Basara

SOS chests are better for imbuers, at least, with the extra items to unravel and the extra gems. And, quite a bit safer.

7. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The Single biggest difference I remember is that Fishing chests are not locked, T-Hunter chests always are, and trapped.

8. LeBaiton

LeBaiton New Player Protector

These can also be necromancy reagents. I hauled up 63 MIB's last saturday and found both necro and mage reagents... :)

9. Basara

ok... but with so few regs in them, they might as well not even be in it... One time earlier this year I did 20 SOS, and not only did I not get any necro regs, the only reason I brought back any black pearls was I killed a few elementals and serpents along the way. The RNG SUCKS.