1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Fishing Passage

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by MsCC, Apr 20, 2012.

1. MsCC

MsCC Adventurer

Has there been any discussion on urging the developers to create a passageway (such as the Serpent Pillars to the Lost Lands) to the Tokuno Islands? Currently there is no way (that I am aware of) to get your ship there to do any deep water fishing unless you dry-dock it and relaunch every time you want to fish those waters. It would seem to me that the developers intend for fishing to occur there because the fish mongers keep giving us reward bait pots for fish that reside only in those waters. I realize that you can launch a rowboat there without damaging the state of your large fishing boat and sail out to fish. But having no hold in it and trying to move around to fish or fight off sea monsters with a beetle or other packie in the boat is utterly foolish if you want to survive your fishing trip.

Nimuaq likes this.
  2. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

This has been suggested numerous times by many players and its a great idea. I'm not sure why the developers haven't responded to this request yet.

3. MsCC

MsCC Adventurer

Well at least I know I am not alone in wishing this could come about. Thanks for the reply.

4. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Role players could start a fishing barge concession over there. I remember fondly going out to the barge for a day's fishing when I was a kid. Anyway, someone could place a big ship, announce departure times and provide plenty of fun, food and companionship on a grand fishing expedition.

5. MsCC

MsCC Adventurer

Been away for the last week and just read your response. Sounds like a great idea. Maybe someone will try it.

6. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The other solution can be, and it's the one we use, have another character on the same account buy a ship and dock it there in Tokuno. Then it can be used by your fisherman anytime he needs.

7. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Do I interpret this correctly? Each character on an account can own a boat? I always thought you were limited to one boat per account. If not, this is a game changer for me. I have been using my rowboat in tokuno and fel and would love to use a ship.

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

one per character :) it's only houses that are one per account :)