1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fishing Pole Mods

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Doubleplay, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Do fishing poles with mods exist in the game? In particular, I would dearly love a pole with spell channeling. I thought that poles were classified as mace weapons in the past. Is that still true? And if so, why the heck can't we imbue them?

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Craft one of Frostwood and it should be spell-channeling.

3. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

You can also use a runic saw to craft fishing poles, then you will have a chance of getting a SCNP one. Use an oak saw for the most charges. The runic properties for fishing poles seem to be a blend of weapon and jewelry properties, I do not have the specifics. You can log on to TC and craft a few there to try it out first.

Stayin Alive,

BG

4. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

If you run with Protection on, there is no need for a SCNP pole, the SC -FC1 is fine. I would use a runic saw to make one with the mods I like using plain wood then blow a charge from the new enhance tool and enhance with Frostwood, or use frostwood from the beginning with runic saw.

5. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the replies. Time to get my carpenter from 96 to GM. Will give the frostwood a try.

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

there is also the goblin quest in the underworld and you can get a blessed one with sc that turns you into a goblin xenars i think is the name its the one i use