1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fishing quest rewards

Discussion in 'UO Developer Feed' started by UODevTracker, Oct 13, 2010.

1. UODevTracker

UODevTracker Guest

2. Mark_Mythic

Mark_Mythic UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Not sure how you arrived at your point values but it's not quite right.

There are only groups, one is shallow water fish, they count 1x
    Deep sea and lobsters and crabs are counted 2x
    dungeon fish are counted 3x

so, with an order of 6 fish at 20 appiece... that is going to be between 120 and 360 depending on the combination.

I suppose you might be calculating based on the quantities of bait since the quantity is connected.

The main reason I wanted to reveal that information is because I wanted you to know that the more difficult to catch fish were going to be worth more. I have not revealed anywhere the brackets for the various rewards.

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up. Thank you all for being so passionate about fishing!

3. Mark_Mythic

Mark_Mythic UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

The rare books are simply an in game way of knowing which fish are which and where to catch them.

I think people are getting them more frequently than I had intended. We just increased the chance to get power scrolls for pub 69, that will effectively decrease the chance to get books.

Thank you all for fishing!