1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fishing question

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Seismic, May 19, 2008.

1. Seismic

Seismic Guest

Since White Pearls are the most valuable resource a fisher can get regularly, would it be better to lock my skill at 80 than goto 100?

I would think since there is no increase in gain rate for white pearls past 80 skill, that I'd want to lock..

2. Mystic llama

Mystic llama Guest

In my experience, I get many more pearls at 100 than I did at 80.. Also, when fishing up fabled nets, I believe there is an additional 25% chance of getting an artie if your GM Fisher.. I got 2 seahorses in two weeks and only threw about 30 white nets..

3. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Bah, 0 or 100 for fishing, theres none of this "locking at 80" rubbish!

Hey Llama, whats your set up for your fisher? You tackle leviathons by yourself or in groups?

4. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ancient SOS are far more worth than any single white pearl. If you'r really lucky each of your fished up mibs could be an ancient one (regular chance is 1 out of 25, if i remember correct).

As fpr going after white nets, I woul recommend at least 2 chars/persons to do. Simply to the fact that the thorwing fisher has a 25% chance on a marty and the normal chance to have one in the loot. But it was stated that both wont aplly to a single char. (So getting one when throwing the net automatically means that char wont get one from the loot.)