1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fishing Question

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Rainbow Stu, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Rainbow Stu

Rainbow Stu Guest

Do you have a greater chance of fishing up white pearls as a elf?

2. I'm not for sure...but you might since they do have a greater chance, supposedly, of getting rarer woods and ores.

But don't hold your breath.

3. Jirsa

Jirsa Guest

Yes, like you have an increased rate with the specials (gems, bark, plants, etc.) while chopping wood or digging.

regards
    Jirsa

4. Nenime

Nenime Guest

I searched uo.com for this and found no written evidence but I think this is correct as far as white pearls are considered as a special resource by the code/devs.

*edit* I keep thinking of this... If fish or even shoes are the primary resources and the pearls are specials, then it should be this way. But as far as I remember a pearl is fished up solely and doesn't come along with any other successful fishing attemp pulling up a fish, shoe or whatever. So it it not a special resource in the classical sense.
    Well, this is the theory, logical and all that. But what the devs do is sometimes another thing rolleyes:

5. Rainbow Stu

Rainbow Stu Guest

Thank you for the answers. I think I am going to turn fisher elf it can't hurt anything so might as well.