1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fishing Rod?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Dain, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Dain

Dain Guest

I was just wondering on what the story is about Fishing Rod's and how they get destroyed.

Is there a chance for the rods to break when you're attacked?

What chance?

Does the wood their made of or skill of the crafter change anything?

That kinda stuff :p

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I believe they said that fishing rods count as two-handed shields, for purposes of being hit.

Their durability is not shown, so it's possible that it would only take them taking damage once to be destroyed (which is more likely if the character has parry skill).

The wood probably makes little difference.

3. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure about durability or destruction but for woods I have seen lots of people try for SC no - fishing poles for the mage/fishers and if you make one with skill gains it can be desirable to some ie get a pole with high necro skill and you will have buyers (atleast till the suggested nerf for going vamp form without using items to get to proper cast level)

Think the wood types used for these are bloodwood and heartwood but double check im going from memeroy here

4. <------ Is still using 129 month old "Newbied" fishing pole. :lick: