1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Selling] Fishing Scrolls and EM Event Items

Discussion in 'UO Europa Trade' started by Adol, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have the following items for sale;

A Dark Elf Longsword, 4 of. Black, basic stats.

This item was from the Blackrock Elven Mines events last year. Let us say 8m each to start with... If you wish to see them, there is one of each locked down on display in my little library of lore behind Empath Abbey; it's the treehouse villa. If you have any player written books you want to get rid of too, please drop them off there!

Big Majik Flippers, 3 of. Lime Green in colour, they are from the Shuuuuz event and dispenser that was below Britain Sewers. When worn, they turn you into an Orc Bomber model. I will sell these for 2m each.

I currently have one 110 Fishing Scroll, which I will sell for 750k, or any ridiculously huge offer; Give me everything you own if you like!

I may have another soon, as I have five 105 scrolls now, but you know what the quest is like, it's impossible to predict and horrible to grind, so I may consider selling the 105s off by themselves. If you are really desperate for a 105, let me know.

Santa's Sweet Christmas Bread (Europa Christmas 2010): Neon green, pie model. It's edible, so beware! This one I will auction, closing at midnight GMT Sunday 19th June. Starting bid of let's say 10m.

And finally, I also have a lot of Essences going relatively cheap on my vendor at Arduinnas, west of the Southern gate of Luna. His name is Splurgeworthy, and he's certainly worth a splurge upon!

2. Europa Trader

A Dark Elf Assassin Sword 10m

3. Adol

Adol Certifiable

I'm putting one aside for you, if you are sure it's the one you are after. I see you posted 3 minutes after I opened the thread, but real life issues alas keep dragging me away... I was literally straight off the internet and on the phone :( I will respond to everyone who comments and honour any agreements natch, but maybe not instantly!

4. Europa Trader

Thanks, its the one im after.

I have a book from when we had the event where we had to fight mobs in Brit Sewers. if you dont already have that.

5. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot

If its not too late i would like to buy the second assassin sword for 11m

6. Adol

Adol Certifiable

It's not too late for either; but you both seem to be bidding on the same sword. I should have predicted an over-night eventuality like this, d'oh; so, as I can't get to my computer at home until later I'm afraid, but I'll try to be on somewhere around 8pm GMT, and the highest bid on the sword at that point can take it...

The flippers are the unique colour, but I'll get a screenshot up late to be sure.

7. Europa Trader

ohh Auction bid battle on rare items Im in.
    18m on Assassin Sword

8. Europa Trader

25m for assassin Sword

9. Adol

Adol Certifiable

These are the Flippers;

[​IMG]

Notice the Xmas pie under the name, and the currently being bid on sword is behind the name tag alas. I should point out in the interests of fairness that there have been private bids of up to 31m for the sword.

Underneath those are 4 books, 2 "Recipe of Serpentwyne - By The Brotherhood Of The Rose" which are from the EM Event of the same name, and are usable 0/0 charge runebooks. Also 2 "Book Of Truth"... notice the lack of of a ?, they are the quest rewards for handing in a full set of virtue armour to the NPC by Britain gate way back when we were promised they would have some use in saving Magincia.

I will also sell these via auction, starting at 5m for a single of each; ending at Friday 24th 8pm GMT.

10. Europa Trader

"Recipe of Serpentwyne - By The Brotherhood Of The Rose"
    5m

11. Maleachi

Maleachi Sage
    Stratics Veteran

"Recipe of Serpentwyne - By The Brotherhood Of The Rose"
    5m for the 2nd one

12. Adol

Adol Certifiable

As 8pm GMT has passed, and THP put in the private bid above Europa Trader's last, the other sword goes to him for 25.1m

Regarding the remaining A Dark Elf Longsword, 4 of. Black, basic stats visible above, having discovered they were pretty generously dropped, I shall put them at a 5m buyout.

Once more, apologies if the process is confusing; it's first time really auctioning rares for me, combined with real life distractions... but I shall try and keep the bidding fair to all!

13. jack flash uk

for future ref you should NOT allow private messages and bids when you are running an auction, how are the other bidders supposed to counter sneaky private messages, THP knows better as well, i personally was out of the running but as you can see and more importantly others can see that that behaviour is not acceptable and THP would be the first to complain if he was on the recieving end, oh and does so so often

thats lame THP, POOR
    this is NOT ebay

whether you are "around" or not this is totally unacceptable and YOU know, you win or lose fairly and for all to see. Adol, you should continue to run this auction for more time so that FINAL bids can be counted and clearly seen, regardless of whatever story you are fed

14. Adol

Adol Certifiable

I understand your concern Jack; I tried to make sure everyone knew what I'd been offered as you can see above, and I tracked down Europa Trader in game and made sure he knew what the maximum bid I'd received was... As I hadn't received any others, I didn't think it was worth extending the time.

I didn't mention who it was because until the auction was finished, it didn't really matter as long as everyone knew what the bid was, and I was worried about respecting what I had been told in a private message, which may or may not have run afoul of the Stratics posting rules.

However both on the boards and in game this has caused considerable anger at what many are telling me is a violation of normal auction rules ... It is largely my own fault for not thinking through how to auction fairly. As I haven't sold rare items before except when being offered a sum directly, I should have spent more time on the first one than I have.

It leaves me in a position where I apparently have to disappoint someone, but again it's important to me to at least try and be fair; So...

To give people time to respond, I shall extend the bidding on the Assassin Sword for another day, to Tuesday 20th 8pm GMT, for public bids only.

When I spoke to Europa Trader he said he was not prepared to go higher than 25m. Rather than continue a private contract, I shall ask THP to confirm here he outbids that, and then to the winner the spoils from there.

However I may not be home all tomorrow, so the final post in this thread before 8pm GMT is the winner, irrespective of what I hear elsewhere.

And I certainly will only consider public bids for the rest of the auctions, and I've tried to give plenty of time for people on the remaining items; but once more, I am sorry for the anger I have helped cause.

15. Ozzmandias

Ozzmandias Guest

If I've got this right, the Serpentwyne books are still for sale, I'll bid 20M for both. (10M Each)

Cheers

Oz

16. 12m on one of the Serp Wyne books, thanks

17. Manticore

Manticore Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

32 mil on sword

18. jack flash uk

LOL see told you, Moaning, be there at the end or lose out simple

I did not want the sword in the end but i as others in a major discussion on chat last night agreed that the auction should NOT end with a sneaky,childish i will bid 100k more than him while i am at work bid, How can any other buyer outbid what they cannot see??

You were at work, out dogging, whatever you were doing, should not have any impact on the auction in the game

Saying that, if you win fairly i will look forward to seeing it on display in the PUBLIC museum in the future, so i wish the winner, any winner good luck

clear for all to see;)

19. jack flash uk

think before it goes.....that way, a bit of humour was needed, i wanted the sword, but if others are prepared to pay more then thats ok, Manticore is now interested, and now the highest bid is public everybody has the opportunity to consider the item, the hope is now that, and for future auctions for Adol, that it is fair for all to see, including you, what if someone bid 100k over your bid? you would be gutted! like ebay being beaten by 2p!!! how can anyone outbid your private message if they do not know what it is, or that oyu have one at all, your pm might have been inconclusive etc,

what this promotes is a system where someone has mega amounts of gold, and goes, like you may well have done 100k more than the highest bidder, see you in the morning i'm off to the pub etc, surely you do not want this to start happening.

whats the point of trying if you are never gonna win?

also looking again at what you posted, how can a private bid be clear to see?

on the rares forums the rares collectors are all well known, know each other, know the value of the item, and to guarantee they beat each other slap in insane amounts to get the item. thats the game they play, and congratulate each other after!

they are not looking for items cheap, for personal museums

we need to consider all this for future items, imagine a narvey hole being made available here, wow, if i lose out after bidding 2billion to a behind closed doors 100k more that i will be willing to best, i will def want to know about it, how can you conpete with a pm bidder if you have no idea what they are up to

plus, if you win, you will be winning fairly, which is super!

20. Adol

Adol Certifiable

There is 1 of the Assassin Sword left for sale, Europa took the first earlier in the week on a completed auction.

However, for those interested in seeing it, I also have my own of each sword type from that event locked down in my own public library behind Empath Abbey. I will always keep at least one of any item I get here on Europa. Eventually I may expand to more display space downstairs around the "Tree" if I have enough items that warrant it.Or maybe just more cow statues, we shall see...

No one has expressed any interest in the Flippers yet, but 2m is indeed the buyout price. If you are happy with the colour, you can have them when ever next online THP.

Everyone is correct on the Serpentwyne books, I'm leaving that running until Friday 8pm GMT as mentioned. Public bids only please, just so there is no private ill will towards or from any individual.

I also have my own Serpentwyne locked down for the public elsewhere; in this case, it's in the EM/Global bookcase along with other unique and written books. I'm debating now whether to put interesting runes in it for the rare soul that delves into what ever Europa history I can record. And just to reaffirm, anyone who finds personal books in IDOCs etc, if you can save them, drop them off at mine please... and those with their own libraries, feel free to copy what you find in mine

21. Europa Trader

1 left since i bought the first one, Adol also asked if i wanted it ingame some time ago but I just had to many deals to remember it at that time so I guess Adol was kind enough to sell me the other he had.

the bids on rares board with pm are more like they bid an amount like you might have done and then thats your bid same as you could have posted.
    Adol seems kind enough to not go on about "auction bid increasements" Also note that many people doesnt like the non post bids because we see it drives up the prices with fake bids.

Hence why i understand that bid posting is more public and better.

Not everyone even checks stratics daily maybe only in weekends they lose out on the bidding aswell because they are not around. Bid what you want to pay if your not around to counter-bid

22. Europa Trader

What are you talking about.... i got it some days ago, and like i wrote it was before this was auctioned off.

Besides its his choice what he wants to do with the items he is selling, the sword i got will stay on Europa.
    I do feel sorry for Adol that some time ago we agreed on deal but not price on sword and now he is getting more than i paid but I hope he is okay with it else I'm sure I can work something out. And now you talk about honor, he honored an agreement rather than putting both items straight up for auction as he planned.

23. Adol

Adol Certifiable

To confirm, as you can see above, both were auctioned once before, ET bid on and won one of them, for the price he offered then, leaving one which was re-auctioned. Yes it was a price lower then the second one is currently running for, but that was the process I agreed to then, and that is the result I accepted.

The second sword remains available (the third I am keeping for myself and is on display) and I will honor whoever wins the second sword again at the end of today, as clarified yesterday; but I will most likely not be online tonight to do so at any reasonable time. Please accept my apologies, and understand I do not wish to explain why as it involves personal issues.

And again, please try and understand I have extended the auction simply because I would rather there was no bitterness between the community, and I do not wish to show favouritism.

24. jack flash uk

there is no guild full of hate THP, known you far too long for that, just feel the auction was not conducted correctly and hopefully as of 8pm tonight it will be and i wish the bidders luck

25. Serafi

Serafi Babbling Loonie

I`m confused. is the auction for the books still on? If so I bid 10 Mil on one. That is the Recipe of Serpentwyne - By The Brotherhood Of The Rose

26. Europa Trader

Im pretty sure it is ┬┤but someone already bid 10m for each and someone else bid 12m for one of them so highest bid is 10m and 12m now

ending at Friday 24th 8pm GMT.

27. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Either this settles down or it gets locked and Adol has to restart the auction.

First, last, and only warning.

28. Serafi

Serafi Babbling Loonie

Oh! Ok, then I bid 12 Mil on the one book with the 10 Mil bid.

29. Heart Breaker

Heart Breaker Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'd like to bid on the Dark Elf Assassin Sword - 33m :)

30. Heart Breaker

Heart Breaker Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

36m for the sword :)

You annoy me. That is all.

31. Heart Breaker

Heart Breaker Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

41m for the sword :)

32. Heart Breaker

Heart Breaker Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

33. Heart Breaker

Heart Breaker Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

And I thought if there was a bid within the last minutes, the auction extends 15 minutes. :)

34. Heart Breaker

Heart Breaker Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Is your keyboard broken?

35. Europa Trader

Adol did not state anything about extending with last minute bids.
    But I'm sure normal rules applied to this auction and last minute bid will extend the auction a little longer.
    Adol already said he wouldnt be around tonight, so I guess he wont be able to do deal tonight or even comment on this.

But its normal rules and should apply here aswell else you can always just do last minute bid with 1gp over someone who bid 1-2 hours before auction was set to end.

36. THP

THP Stratics Legend

and private bids would be allowed too,,, u sad fu...))

37. Europa Trader

Lets stick to the auction and what the thread is about, there are several items on auction here. And the one that was set to end here at 8:00 should be extended due to last minute bidding, you can still overbid the one who bid in the time after.

There is no reason for all this, Cailleach already told everyone here. And it will be unfair for everyone else and for Adol if this gets locked because some of us can't behave.

So lets just keep it at auction and have a fair and good one.

38. Heart Breaker

Heart Breaker Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I only wish you'd sit back and read your posts before you replied. (Thank goodness for the edit option) You really get a good judge of character by the way you carry yourself in forums, and you'd be able to see exactly what you look like.

39. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Adol were do u want too meet for the trade????? i won by the time u set 20.00...tis only fair

40. lady arduinna

lady arduinna Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

i would like to jump in and bid 20m for the serpentwine rose book. please.

41. THP

THP Stratics Legend

... and there goes somone that wants to bid on an item just because they dont like you....pure and utter spite,,,,great judge of character...oh yes...

42. THP

THP Stratics Legend

so can we meet Adol.. i seem to have won the sword for the second time???

40m was posted b4 20.00 was the time...and no overtime was posted....seems highly unfair if i won 2 auctions yet still dont win one of the swords???

43. THP

THP Stratics Legend

and yes my keyboard as got issues

44. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Infact Adol....do what u want with the tainted bloody sword...iam sure HB really wanted it..He/She can have it......Hell ive read through the posts and iam practically begging for it...even though i won it at 25 then on it again at 40....

well forget it...no more...this as gone on enough ....do what u want with it....its your chioce...your honour...ive won it fair twice?? yet new rules...auction rules are made up....pm's are not allowed etc.. etc...really i have had enough of this nonsense..

I still want the flippers for 2m... hopefully we can trade today for them they wil look good on show in the museum.

45. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.