1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

five things that might stop uo and u hall in its track

Discussion in 'UHall' started by woody_cats, Jan 16, 2009.

1. woody_cats

woody_cats Guest

For the fun of it just think how with 5 simply things mystic could bring u hall to its knees.

1. announces that tokens for the eleventh anniversary items from japan will go on sale today for 9.99 a complete set and for 19.99 get 5 sets 10 sets for 29.99.

2 announces sa will likely be release june 2009.

3. announces a new shard with seige ruleset to be opened feb 14th 2 char per account and you will be allowed to transfer one char one time on to the shard for the next 90 days only after that a no transfer rule applies.

4 housing rules are changed from one house per acct to two house per shard

5 new bod rewards added metel dye tub, ancient sewing kits jewelary storage box , seed storage box, treasure map storage box, tool storage box armor storage box these boxes allow storage of 125 items on a ratio of 5 items count as one and box has a naming capability. each box have 5 storage compartments similar to current bp

now what can be complained about .

2. Harb

Harb Guest

I must be getting slow in my old age, but partner I have no idea of what you're trying to say or the intent of your post?

3. I still didn't get a Dawn's Wonderbra.

4. woody_cats

woody_cats Guest

no that would cause an unfair advantage when you were tameing all your possible tames would want to be your friend and in pvp and pvm would be unable to fight you as you would knock them out with one look

5. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

Would put a smile on my face , dont care about the tokens unless there are items with impact on PvP thou

6. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

A new shard with Siege ruleset... Why the hell... isn't the one we have pretty low population already?

Or do you mean it would shut us up from the sheer stupidity of that move?

7. So it would offer no change then? :D

8. Static

Static Guest

i think what he was meaning like a (pre tram) shard before aos etc. i might be wrong ender

9. woody_cats

woody_cats Guest

a little of both. people always complaining want two char on seige per acct and others that that would mess seige up . people also always complain that training a char on seige is to hard so this way can transfer from a prod shard for the first 90 days and have both a killer and a crafter if want would be an ideal way to try pvp. and cause some decision making if I really want to pvp why not and what do I take since it a one time deal.

10. woody_cats

woody_cats Guest

just thing they made a pre aos non trammel shard and no one transfered

11. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If they make a pre-aos shard, no trammel, better get rid of the damn powerscrolls too. Either drop them down to 100 or don't allow transfers <_<

12. Nvnter

Nvnter Guest

None of these things would have the effect your title hints at.

13. Too many exploits. Kind of like when they programmed out Shamino's Boxers... they were prone to the Melvin Exploit.

14. woody_cats

woody_cats Guest

it would stop most of the complaints and have everyone busy and excited and getting stuff ready so more logging in into uo with a purpose. more gathering resources and organizing and training

15. Well, the prospect of having all the bank sitters in Luna snapping the strap on it does discourage one from equipping it...so maybe its for the best.

16. OriginsSyn

OriginsSyn Guest

That sir, is a blatant lie. They programmed Sham's boxers out because I made a huge fuss of them not being fuzzy enough. And they didn't have them in my color...

17. Well I happen to have, stored away in the Treasure Vault of my tower, a full set of Guardian Long Johns (with the trap door on the ass, with "Stygian Abyss" stitched on the flap).

18. According to the report someone with Inside UO posted a while back, metal dye tubs are already in the coding. They've just never been released.

19. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

They were added like last summer. Shouldn't be too hard to just put them ingame now <_<

20. Draconi

Draconi Most explosive UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well, no. They're not.

There's a text string in a localization file for them. There's a lot of unused text in those files actually. We had to start scrambling event conversation sentences to keep people from guessing all the answers too soon because they read it ahead of time and tried to second guess what we were actually doing :)

21. Jhym

Jhym Guest

I've never quite understood why you guys don't just zip/encode those event conversations into a block with a unzip key that the client gets from the server when it starts.

Admittedly people with no lives would just look at the server-client stream and pull the unzip key, but at least you wouldn't get everyone seeing all the text right away when the patch occurs.

22. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Actually, if they had encrypted strings where the server provided a key along with the code number, it would be better than a key-on-startup because there would be nothing to evesdrop on until it was actually time to see the string. But that would increase traffic to the point where there wouldn't be much advantage over having the server store the strings.

23. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

Given all the items the Devs have dumped into the system in the last 6 years.......they really need to make this a reality ASAP.

24. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

25. 1. EA/Mythic announce free subscriptions to play

2. UO2 open beta tomorrow with scheduled release this summer

3. Announcement of an "Official" EA/Mythic forum for Ultima Online hosted on their web servers

4. New VoIP chat system that allows us to chat in public, private (parties) or guild interfaces

5. Fix for cheating (that doesn't involve 3rd party programs - PB etc)