1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fix Keeping Backpack Open

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Crystal Canyon, Mar 26, 2010.

1. I tried moving my backpack around and it did work for me. If I keep it to the far upper right of my screen it does NOt close when I walk.

[​IMG]

Hope it works for others also! Good Luck, this was irriating having to open it every time I needed it.

2. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have pack problems too. Open pack, recall to town, recall home..walk into house and watch pack with two open sub-packs close. Ths is repeatable.

Its almost like Pubs go to TC with no testing done whatsoever.

3. Try to move your pack to the upper right of your paperdoll. If I keep mine there it wont close on me when I walk or recall.

4. SirZ

SirZ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have prob with backpack too. Fix it pls.

5. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

rofl... why do threads like this need to be created ?

Couldn't there just be a BUG BOX with some communication on issues.

Would work just good...

6. Maybe because there isn't a BUG BOX? rolleyes:

7. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Got me too - and I'm sorry, OP, I can't play like that. I have things laid out on my screen according to how I need em/use em. That would be fine with a crafter, but SO not ok with any char I fight on.

8. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

May work when walking, but any running & the bag goes *poof* no matter where it is. Really annoying as all #$^@

9. It's not fine for a crafter either, especially when sorting bods from multiple vendors when you have a large monitor.

10. Deb

Deb Guest

Being fixed today according to Mesanna in the TC forum

11. smip

smip Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Count me in too. VERY:stretcher: aggrivateing.

12. Great! Thanks Deb, for the info! :)

13. Ahuaeyjnkxs

told you it was useless... I had read the same bug report in 3 threads now... theres other way to be heard than just creating new threads...

14. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

God yeah, why would they release publishes to Test Centre with bugs? Its like they expect people to find things they overlooked so that they can be fixed. Ridiculous!

15. It wasn't posted as a bug report, it was posted as a "temporary bug fix". And as far as I can see, there were no other threads here posted about this.

Sorry if it irritated you. :)

16. I think that when they fix this, instead of the backpack closing whenever you try to run, that you just get automatically logged off whenever you try to run.

*smiles*

17. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Clearly you don't work for a software company like I do.

I agree all software has bugs.

Every *good* software company has a QA department to test software before the beta is released. The beta will catch more bugs that are found in unusual situations that were not part of the QA test cases. QA should catch any major or easy to find bugs.

Releasing software where backpacks continue to close every few steps should NEVER have made it out of QA. I mean, it is as if they didn't test it whatsoever.

This is not missing a hard to find bug with bizzare circumstances. This is one that you encounter in the first 30 seconds of using the software and is highly annoying to the point of not being able to play the game.

That is the point.

Again - it is as if they have no QA department whatsoever.

18. BeefSupreme

BeefSupreme Guest

Pretty sure they do not have one anymore. Cost cutting measure.
    I think with the limited amount of people left working on UO, the choices are either put UO in stasis, or release buggy updates and let us help find the bugs for them.

I'm ok with that as long as releases stay on TC for long enough for things to get caught, fixed and tested again.

I won't blame the devs on this, not this situation anyway. I believe they are doing the best they can do with what little resources they have at this time. Just my opinion though.

19. Ahuaeyjnkxs

As if we needed this... I'm soooo irritated. :lol:

20. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It was fixed in short time, by Fri nite. There is no problem now