1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

fix the salvage bag so it doesnt cut cloth into bandages :(

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by aarons6, Oct 6, 2008.

1. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i just made 3000 bandages :(

2. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Did you have items in your Salvage bag or just cloth?

3. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

it was full, i was making ninja hoods. i just forgot to take the cloth out.. its kinda dumb it makes bandages tho, its like they forgot that could happen.. heh

4. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

So basically it acted like a scissors? You started with ninja hoods, activated the bag and got cloth, then accidently activated the bag a second time and ended with bandages?

I would guess that's "expected results" but would be nice if they just errored out the second one and said "nothing to be recycled" if there's only cloth in the bag.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

More like aarons6 had a bunch of ninja hoods and 3000 extra cloth in the bag, and he got cloth back for the hoods, and all the unused cloth got turned into bandages, at the same time.

After my first mishap of that nature, I never put more cloth in the bag than I needed for the items I was making. For example, if the item takes 11 cloth, and you cna only make 100 of them before running into the item count barrier, never put more than 1100 cloth in the bag. On a lot of items, the items weigh more than the cloth to make them, and you can run into weight issues that way, so it's really inefficient in the long run to pile more than you need onto you when crafting cloth items.

It's not a bug with the bag, more along the lines of an undocumented feature (the bag also cuts bone piles into the crafting bones that way, and does it much more efficiently than scissors, as bones don't hit the ground if you use the bag on them to cut when overweight)

6. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

ohh i didnt know about the bones.. what else does it cut?

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Cloth items become cloth (at the usual loss from recycling)
    Leather armor become cut leather (as cloth items, above), and WILL cut the "reversed" male leather (regular & studded: tunics, legs, gloves, sleeves and leather cap) items you can't cut up normally with scissors

Other uses (no material lost):
    Cloth becomes bandages
    Bone piles become crafting bones
    cloth bolts become cloth
    leather hides (the big piles weighing 5 per leather) become cut leather

8. I wish they would make it recycle bone armor. Even if you don't get bone back that would be great however if you get bone from it that would keep me happy for a while