1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Flame Slayer Property on Talismans

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tina Small, May 10, 2010.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Does anyone have information on which creatures are most susceptible to damage while your character is wearing a talisman with the "flame slayer" property on it?

I was unsuccessful finding information about this property, so I apologize if it's posted somewhere. The closest I could get to finding any information was this page about slayer weapons which SEEMS to be hiding from me the section on Mondains Legacy slayers: http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=30740. There's a big empty space after the listing of creatures in the Abyss group and the section titled "Slayer Weapon History" that I suspect may be where information on some other slayer properties is supposed to be listed but the HTML may be goofed up or something.

There's also a brief reference to the flame slayer property in the Hunter's Guide entry on daemons.

I've never been a fan of doing Heartwood quests nor really gotten into otherwise acquiring or using slayer talismans. So now I'm finding myself puzzling over the usefulness of many of the talismans my characters have ferretted out of Dan and Crag's old war chests. What to keep, what to pitch, what "protection" means, what "killer" means, etc.

Thanks!

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

* Fire Beetle
    * Fire Elemental
    * Fire Gargoyle
    * Fire Steed
    * Hell Hound
    * Hellcat (Large)
    * Hellcat (Small)
    * Lava Lizard
    * Lava Serpent
    * Phoenix
    * Pyre

not sure about the new critters in SA

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

as for protection it will lessen the damage by the percent shown
    as for killer it will increase the damage done to such critters by the percent shown (not sure if damage caps apply )
    they come in very handy against the right critters!

ok just read on another site that the killer damage does stack with slayer damage and is subject to 300% cap

4. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Thanks, Storm! Had to look up Pyre...it sounds like a blast to hunt.

5. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

nothing over there is a blast to hunt imo rofl so much crap...i guess a rend is about as fun as an abcess ;D

anyway protection goes up to 60% max, killer 100%. I assume it's 1-60, 1-100, but not sure.

6. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Thank you for the additional info. Guess I'll have to experiment with the talismans now.

Am I correct in thinking that the ones you slap on your paperdoll don't have any effect (good or bad) on the damage you do with spellcasting of any type, but if you're wearing one on a mage for some other reason besides inflicting damage, you may end up taking double damage if something in the opposite slayer group hits you? If yes, is this double damage effect only true with regard to the slayer property but not the killer and protection properties?

7. Gal

Gal Guest

It works on the Lava Elementals in SA as well, when I'm doing the Deamon spawns there I use a deamon slayer on me weapon and that flame slayer as a talisman, makes like easier.

8. Gelf

Gelf Guest

ya they have no affect on casting. as for damage i believe the only one where u would take dbl damage is the conjurer's trinket, the rest you just take normal damage(no opposites i guess)

9. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Fire Rabbit

10. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

this is correct I have yet to take dbl damage from anything that i have noticed anyway!

11. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

AHA!!!!!!!!!!

:bowdown: Many thanks! Forgot about those pesky wabbits, probably on purpose.

12. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

uh oh Tina is gonna be Hunting wabbits ;-)

13. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

fire demon?
    burning gargoyle?
    fire ants?

from UOGuide:
    a fiery gargoyle, a burning gargoyle, a smoldering gargoyle, a blistering gargoyle, a sweltering gargoyle, a flaming gargoyle, a scorching gargoyle, a blazing gargoyle, a searing gargoyle.

14. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

do you really get that ingredient from the fire rabbit?

Lorddog

15. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Fire Beetle
    Fire Elemental
    Fire Steed
    Hellcat
    Hell Hound
    Lava Lizard
    Lava Serpent
    Lava Snake
    Lava Elemental
    Predator Hellcat

Not covered by Flame Slayer (but really seem like they should)
    Fire Ant
    Fire Daemon
    Fire Elemental [Renowned]
    Fire Gargoyle
    Fire Rabbit
    Phoenix
    Pyre

Page is working just fine for me... not sure why you think something's wrong.

16. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

The reason I think the page has a problem is because I used the search feature on Stratics and got a search result that seemed to indicate that page (http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=30740) would have information about ML slayer properties. Also, when I bring up the page's source code by right clicking and attempt to wade through it (ugh) I think I'm seeing a whole lot of text that just doesn't display. As I indicated in my original post, though, there is NO section of the "formatted" version of the page that looks like it covers ML slayer properties. There is a very large blank section after the Abyss Group section and before the Slayer Weapon History heading.

Since you obviously don't want to just take my word regarding what I see and don't see on this page, here are some screen shots. Maybe they will convince you that something MIGHT be wrong with the formatting for this page.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

Thats weird mine looks like this:
    [​IMG]

18. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Yep, I use Firefox like Storm... seems it's a problem with the different browsers then. Going to fiddle with it a bit and hope nothing explodes.

19. CroakerTnT

CroakerTnT Guest

I've been wondering the same thing. I've killed about 50 of the varmits and haven't found the pheromones yet.

20. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

UOGuide's slayer info is particularly bad... (though I don't even trust my data 100%) mostly speculation it seems, little testing.
    To give them some slack, the slayer lists do tend to be pretty screwed up after ML anyway (Fun Fact: Minotaur are Repond but Minotaur Captains and Scouts aren't :coco:).

Anyway... I kinda broke the page even more for IE so... um... :eyes: *stealths away quietly*

21. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I hate inconsistencies like that!

22. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

yes they drop but they are rare! (think January or Feb was last time I got one! but not tried again sense then)

23. CroakerTnT

CroakerTnT Guest

Ahh, ok. Well, I guess it's good training for my pack-o-frenzieds.

I guess I'll go kill another 50 before complaining again.

24. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Just tried loadng the page now using Internet Explorer 7 and the big blank area is filled with nicely-formatted information. Thanks for fixing it!

25. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

That was Petra actually.
    Some weird error with aligning tables. They actually were all there stacked left to right. The other tables were off the right side of the screen (inaccessible).

26. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

Most killer properties on talismans are also covered by slayers. (Thought I havent found the slayer for spiders, wolves, sea/deep sea serpents.)
    There are some inconveniants with those slayers ... like cow slayer from talisman works different than cow slayer from butchers war cleaver. (First one works on minotaurs and second one not.)
    I am not shure on the protection property. I believe, i have heard that those work only on melee damage from said creatures.

27. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

As far as I know flame slayers do work on Fire Daemons. I certainly do more damage to them when I use one.

28. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I can confirm they do not work for fire ants ! just tested it with archer

29. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

Ya, they don't work on fire ants, but I'm pretty sure they do work on fire daemons.

30. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

They don't. 100% sure of that. Tested it a min ago to make sure. No white orb slayer graphic. Hit for 40-45 without Flame slayer talisman, hit for 40-45 with flame slayer talisman. Switch the talisman on and off continually throughout the fight just to be sure.
    Quite positive. :)

31. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

White orb slayer graphic??

32. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

All right, I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. I'm not a big number cruncher... :)

33. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

When you have a slayer equiped, if you hit something that's vulnerable to it, a white orb appears, kinda like the parrying graphic.

And Orange orb appears with EoO.

34. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Which client is this, you're talking about? Never noticed this...

35. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

2D. Been there for a long ass time.

36. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

care to get a screen grab of the orb effect so they understand what you're referring to?

Remember - a lot of people don't even know you can heal and cure party members with magery by clicking the buttons on the CC's status bars.

And, one has to be careful testing slayer properties - things like EoO and other DI boosters can put you over cap and make tests fail.