1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

flapping/hovering

Discussion in 'UHall' started by whiterabbit, Jul 23, 2014.

1. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

AFTER TONITES EM EVENT , WHICH HADA GOOD TURN OUT(PROLLY 8 GARGS). THE GARGS ARE RUDE, AND INCONSIERATE OF OTHERS. THIER HOVERING DRIVES PEOPLE NUTS, GIVES ME A HEAD ACHE. ALL MOST IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE EMS RP STORY WITH ALL THE FLAPPING. THIS MAY DRIVE GOBLINS BACK TO THIER CABES. SUMIN MUST BE DONE ABOUT THE HOVERING.
    GETTING FRUSTRATED WIF UO.

Lord Frodo and BrianFreud like this.
  2. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

dragons are too big too. chicken sized dragons please.

as much as the flapping is distracting, its the persons mount. cant really ask everyone to get on and off their mounts just because the someone is speaking. considerate gargoyals will of course try keep themselves a few tiles away from the EM like every other considerate player.

Promathia likes this.
  3. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

I would also like to add, there was only one person being rude at Chessys event, and they were not a gargoyle.

*shrugs*

4. whiterabbit

Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

FLAPPING IS RUDE

5. whiterabbit

ITS NOT A MOUNT , MOUNTS DONT FLAPP, THEY STAND STILL , JUST MAHE AUTO LAND AFRER 5 SEC

6. The Old Man

The Old Man Journeyman
    Premium

Does'nt Stratics have rules about Racist comments? I'm sure you would'nt like people complaining about the smell standing next to a Goblin ??

An offended Garg!!

whiterabbit and EM_Bennu like this.
  7. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

lol?

Flying is the gargoyle version of their mount. They dont have many other options, and its just the same as people on their swampies or something.

Like I said, noone was rude at the event last night except at the end, where one well known player threw a fit.

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Did anyone ask them politely if they would please land?
    In EC turn off 'idle animation' and you won't see any flapping.

9. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

I'd LOVE a way to make my dragon smaller for events. I try to keep him out of the way but it's hard sometimes, and I was extra laggy at last night's event.

It's becoming predictable that SOMEONE will be super rude and/or disruptive at Ches events.

I'm pretty sure that the EMs said at a HoC once that RBG events are mainly for RP and storyline and almost never have special drops/loot. Those flappers were wasting their time anyway--I'm sure that's all many of them were there for.

And yes, Petra, they were asked to land (not by me). Someone told the person to shut up eventually.

I wish the CC had such an option. I'm not seeing one.

10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I wish we could have such a thing.... but yeah. Anyway it is rude... in my opinion if they are going to stand about at the event they could at least have the decency to either flap around BEHIND the EM where they aren't blocking things... Or way off to the side or something... and people with GD are fine as long as they park that beast away from the action... you can have the dragon nearby but it don't need to be on top of everyone... It really is rude. But then you are asking folk to have some common courtesy and be thoughtful of others... and we all know that EM events are full of MEMEME folk... so good luck with that.

whiterabbit likes this.
  11. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

What you need, is for the EM to have a dismount area effect spell :D That would make them land!

j/k!!

old gypsy, EM_Bennu and Winter like this.
  12. whiterabbit

it really gives me a head ache
    I will just forgo em events

13. StealYourFace

StealYourFace Journeyman

I was at the event on my garg. I was flapping , but I was flapping off to the side so I wouldn't be in the way. A lot of people where hovering on top of the EM. People were asking them to stop but no one listened. It wasn't just the gargs standing on top of the EM tho. There were other players and dragons piled on top also.

whiterabbit likes this.
  14. whiterabbit

:yell::D That would make them land!

j/k!![/QUOTE]
    :next:

15. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

don't they turn to stone under bright light?..

EM_Bennu likes this.
  16. The Old Man

The Old Man Journeyman
    Premium

Sorry WhiteRabbit...Given yr normal posts I took this as being intended to be another of yr funny threads.
    No offense intended :blushing:

17. whiterabbit

nerg this bees fer real

18. whiterabbit

MEES READY TO GIBE UP AN GO DEEP INA MY CABE AN NEBER COMES OUT

19. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Second-hand flap is annoying. Flapping should be done in the privacy of one's own home, not in public.

whiterabbit likes this.
  20. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I actually told Mesanna that on several occasions... as well as saying that EM generated mobs ought to cast something rather like what Baracoon casts to make all greater dragons turn into tiny chickens... and it ought to last at least 2 hours.

Tjalle, whiterabbit and Riyana like this.
  21. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

back when i was in the army we had some R & R in Thailand and i caught a bad case of the flap. ... or wait, nevermind i must be thinking of something else.

Veldrane and azmodanb like this.
  22. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

23. whiterabbit

FLYING IS FIND
    BUT TO STAND THER FOR MINS ON END FLAPPING, BAD
    CUT THIER WING OFF WHEN STILL :yell:

24. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

I admit I have also usually problems to get the required looting rights - not because I die (I do) or because I am incapable (maybe I am) but mainly, because I cannot locate this monster to hit - with all the players, monsters, raising colosses (red label!) and undead creatures. And if I do, I do not get its corpse to open due to a stack of other corpses or a "nice" necromancer, who raises something from it and lets the just opened corpse disappear back in the clutter.

kelmo likes this.
  25. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

control shift brings up all names. might have to right click away a few greys to get the red boss name. if your a fighter you can also use holy light close to the boss to start the attack. dont worry about the corpse, event rewards drop in the pack.

kelmo likes this.
  26. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

You can't eat flapping gargs. You should play with them, pee on them and walk away....

whiterabbit likes this.
  27. Olahorand

The red boss name has no chance to be gotten with 20 raising colossus around him.
    It is not, that you have all the time of the world to stand there and click names away. Sooner you may be death ... since me not finding the boss does not mean that he does not find me and kills me one hit.
    The holy light stuff may be an idea to try.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

28. Miri of Sonoma

Miri of Sonoma Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I had the same problem at last night's Sonoma event. It is frustrating to say the least! By the time you get to the right name it is either dead or near dead. I asked the EM if she could make the monsters taller than the dragons *laughs* but she said she cannot. So I will try the holy light thing as well but I know it will be the death of me *gasps*

I didn't have too many problem with gargoyles..for me that is a problem because it makes me nauseous (the movement).

#28 Miri of Sonoma, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    whiterabbit and Olahorand like this.
  29. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

You just need a keen eye.

All Names works wonderfully too, wont get you the bar, but if your a dexxer and you click the name in war mode, you will attack it.

30. Olahorand

The times of a keen eye have been decades ago, TBH. And All Names could help - if you know, for which name to look (if it is not overlapped by another name, I was usually not successful enough to catch it with a click).

31. whiterabbit

EXACTLY

BrianFreud likes this.
  32. whiterabbit

:snoopy:

33. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

I use the option in Pincos in EC to stop the animation and that would be a good addition to CC. Making them land would be a disadvantage since it takes the same time to start flying again as it does to mount an ethy or other mount. Personally I do land when gathered around an EM and or in a group of some kind, because it is very annoying to see them flapping up and down.

whiterabbit likes this.